This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Need Advice re futher Adjustments on 12 Ft Mesh Dish

Status
Please reply by conversation.

jsattv

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 4, 2006
After reviewing the Shaun Kenny Video many times thanks to Linuxman, and the warmer weather I started readjusting the 12 Footer. Dropped the Declination about as far as it will go, then started with Elevation, and today I ended up with about 7 degrees. That is the Declination = 56 degrees and the Elevation = 49 degrees after today. The objective is: 57.18 Declination, and 50.57 for Inclination, or 6.61 degrees.

Using the Trimax 2200 Sat Meter and slightly moving the dish to the right I was able to get many of the Tp's on my South Sat - G25 99.0W. The problem is I still cannot pickup Tp 11966, or Tp 12155, both have S = 74 but Q is sporadic jumping from 0 up to 25 at times. Most of the other Tp's are okay , ie on Tp 12177 S = 72 and Q = 65. This is exactly the same problem I had when my Declination angle was 10.0 degrees, ie I started at 57.5 Declination and 47.5 Elevation.

My question: Should I continue to move Elevation up toward 50 degrees from its current 49 degrees? Using the Inclometer it is nearly impossible to adjust for 6.61 degrees, I've got it at about 7 degrees. Or what else can I try, to pull in the missing Tp's on 97.0W? Any comments would be greatly appreciated.

Sorry about that I said my south Sat was 99.0W when in fact it is 97.0W.

Status
Please reply by conversation.