Need advice to get set up for tailgating

Status
Please reply by conversation.

riga

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Aug 9, 2004
Hello,

We are looking to go HD at our tailgate this fall. What is the best/cheapest way to get a D* HD receiver? What model should I look for - dont need OTA as our market just went HD. Is there any complication getting one on eBay?

Will use my account since we live in town, but I only have 2 DVRs and don't want/need a DVR for a tailgate plus the hassle unhooking b4/rehooking after each game.

Already have a slimeline & tripod - neighbor left it on the curb when they moved. Will definitely have to practice my aim though.

Thanks in advance!

We are looking to go HD at our tailgate this fall. What is the best/cheapest way to get a D* HD receiver?
Lease a D* HD receiver.
What model should I look for - dont need OTA as our market just went HD.
Doesn't matter as long as it is an H2x series receiver.
Is there any complication getting one on eBay?
Perhaps if the receiver is stolen, on someone else's existing lease or otherwise not able to be activated. DIRECTV can tell you if the receiver in the clear based on receiver ID numbers.

Thanks your harshness. Dude on eBay is selling one "brand new" but mentions a 2 yr. commitment might be involved. hmmmm.

If I lease one from D* I wonder if they'll have heartburn when I cut it off after football season.

Thanks your harshness. Dude on eBay is selling one "brand new" but mentions a 2 yr. commitment might be involved. hmmmm.

If I lease one from D* I wonder if they'll have heartburn when I cut it off after football season.
If it's "brand new" it's still a lease. Think of it like a car lease. You still pay up front and you never "own" the car. Same with the receiver. I tailgate about 5-6 times a year but only in SD. As I only use a 32" LCD, the SD looks good and it's SO easy to set up. Something to consider.~:cool:

They may ask for it back or they may not. Technically, you're supposed to return it when it gets deactivated but DIRECTV has been frustratingly inconsistent in this respect.

They may ask for it back or they may not. Technically, you're supposed to return it when it gets deactivated but DIRECTV has been frustratingly inconsistent in this respect.

I think it has to do with how old the actual rec'r is and what generation it is, is the unit still being produced , is there newer ones out there ect.

Jimbo

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)