Need Advice Why Bud Dish Declination Is Way Off? See Pics

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
Finally was able to try the TV and Receiver outside at the Dish, moved the Dish and Pole a bit more West and found a strong eignal on 2 Tp's on 102.9W on C Band. Blind Scanned them in and got about 6 Religious Channels, then tried 103.0W on KU Band and Scanned in the 2 Pentagon Channels and other channels that have no picture. It was much too cold to work anymore than about 20 minutes, froze my fingers, just connecting up the RG - 6 connectors as the Temp was at a wind chill of - 30 degrees below zero, so I came in. Need to wait for warmer weather to do anything longer outside.

Still can't find the Clark Belt, - when I tried for other Satellites, but it seems strange that if I go West and decide on a particular Satellite such as: 99.0W, 101.0W, or 103.0W and I move the Pole and Dish to the West, I can pick up and Scan in these Satellites, yet when I try to go farther East or more West by driving the Dish with the 12 VDC Battery Charger I can't pick up any more Satellites. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Finally was able to try the TV and Receiver outside at the Dish, moved the Dish and Pole a bit more West and found a strong eignal on 2 Tp's on 102.9W on C Band. Blind Scanned them in and got about 6 Religious Channels, then tried 103.0W on KU Band and Scanned in the 2 Pentagon Channels and other channels that have no picture. It was much too cold to work anymore than about 20 minutes, froze my fingers, just connecting up the RG - 6 connectors as the Temp was at a wind chill of - 30 degrees below zero, so I came in. Need to wait for warmer weather to do anything longer outside.

Still can't find the Clark Belt, - when I tried for other Satellites, but it seems strange that if I go West and decide on a particular Satellite such as: 99.0W, 101.0W, or 103.0W and I move the Pole and Dish to the West, I can pick up and Scan in these Satellites, yet when I try to go farther East or more West by driving the Dish with the 12 VDC Battery Charger I can't pick up any more Satellites. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Did you ever get this straightened out?

After you get C-band tuned in then go for KU. Ku on a 12' is really touchy. The beamwidth is tight on ku. I think on a 12' it is less than 0.5 degree. You have no fudge room on ku.

Declination errors will be most evident on the far west or far east sats.
Pull up and down on the dish and see whick way gets a better signal. You will have to turn the who polar mount on the pole a hair. Don't turn it more than 1/16 of an inch at a time.

Don't get frustrated as you may have to tweak the elevation adjustments a little. On my 10' dish, I can lose KU by turning the elevation bolt a little more than 1/2 a turn.

Sounds like you are getting close. keep on tuning. Good luck.

Did you ever get this straightened out?

Thanks for the reply Boomer. I was able to find G25/97.0W but the 12 Ft Dish needs a new Actuator, and more nuts welded to its Pole Cap - (it only has 1 welded nut right now) to hold it more stable on its Tripod Pole as the Dish is shaking in the wind.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)