Need another dish???

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

RT-Cat

"My person-well trained"
Original poster
May 30, 2011
Cold, Cold,Michigan USA
I got to thinking that with dish network, my 8ft BUD for FTA, and a small pirate dish to play with(I am not and was not the pirate. I bought it from him. He "went out of business" Teehehehehe.) I got to thinking I really have no reason to set up another dish. So, there would be no reason not to offer my orginal 1984, 7FT(I think) steel, Wilson(I think) prime focus dish to anyone that wants to pay what I could get for it at the scrap yard. It would be a pick up 'cuz shipping would cost a ton of money. Unless you have a trucking company.
I took it apart and stored it in one of my pole barns several years ago when I put up the current 8 footer. I would have to check to see if it rusted while in storage more than the small spots it had when I took it down. They were at the joints where the dish bolted together. The thing has a large square frame with the normal polar mount. Has three rods to hold the LNB. Not sure about the small bolts for the dish, would have to check on that. So if anyone is interested - post.

RT.
P.S. I am 90 Miles from Traverse City, Michigan and 100 miles from Grand Rapids, Michigan

Oh, well, it looks like I have another pile of junk on my hands. An HDD 201, a nice pink thing that came out of the 920, and this dish. Oh, well, I really did not need any space in by pole barn. . . . .

RT.

decided in 25 hours....?????? we have been fighting a fire for 7 days. I have not been on SatGuys much in this time -- but then, no I could not get it if I did even need it. --- No damage here except some smoke and a little damage to stuff I was getting ready to evacuate with.

decided in 25 hours....?????? we have been fighting a fire for 7 days. I have not been on SatGuys much in this time -- but then, no I could not get it if I did even need it. --- No damage here except some smoke and a little damage to stuff I was getting ready to evacuate with.
Yes, one day. That is because of all the "other" posts I have seen here when someone offers a dish, the post gets jumped on by 20 people in 10 minutes. So after a day w/o any questions, it must be junk.

I sure hope those fires stay away from your property!

RT.

Might get more attention with a picture of the dish. I know a solid pan is interesting to me but I'm too far away to consider it. I think FTAers are spread so thin around here, if three of them got together for coffee one would be from out of state. :)

Might get more attention with a picture of the dish. I know a solid pan is interesting to me but I'm too far away to consider it. I think FTAers are spread so thin around here, if three of them got together for coffee one would be from out of state. :)
Well, if it wasn't disassembled and stored in the far corner of my big pole barn, behind the trailer, and under a large pile of junk I should sort and pitch, I would have pics.

I like your kauphy < (new spelling(coffee)) statement. I have a friend that moved out that way last year for a good job and tells me how beautiful it is close to the mountains.

RT.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)