Need aspect ratio help

nnicko said:
I guess I just don't express myself properly. What you said is what I thought I said. :)
Sorry I misunderstood you. I thought you were asking a question, but you were actually answering it... ooops... ;)

I'm a little confused about this SD stretching. I have my receiver set to Native and on my SD channels they don't appear to be stretched. When I had it set to 1080i they would look stretched but now on Native I have a small (about 2 inches) black bar on the left side of my set. I can adjust this with my RPTV service menu although it may leave an inch on both sides when I center the image or if there's 2" or more poked under the right side then I'll have a full screen.

Anyway... my Toshiba did a fairly good job of stretching with E* SD's but the VOOM receiver looks really good... again, really not even looking like it's stretched.

Sonnie Parker said:
I'm a little confused about this SD stretching. I have my receiver set to Native and on my SD channels they don't appear to be stretched. When I had it set to 1080i they would look stretched but now on Native I have a small (about 2 inches) black bar on the left side of my set. I can adjust this with my RPTV service menu although it may leave an inch on both sides when I center the image or if there's 2" or more poked under the right side then I'll have a full screen.

Anyway... my Toshiba did a fairly good job of stretching with E* SD's but the VOOM receiver looks really good... again, really not even looking like it's stretched.

Are you sure you are not getting "native resoulution" mixed up with the narrow to wide settings?

I didn't think resolution had anything to do with bars on the side. But what the hell do I know. I am still trying to figure all of this stuff out.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)