need azimuth and elev for dish 500 for 129

williamknitter

Original poster
Jun 29, 2004
Hay all
Using a dish 500 for trying to get 129. Has only 1 Dp lnb on a i adapter (single yoke). Can anyone please give me azimuth, elev. and skew(if needed) for zip 53024 Grafton WI? Also what transponder to peak on.
Thanks

No one answered which transponder to peak to on 129. Also, what is considered a "good" signal, particularly with the new meter on the 622?

Try TP31. With 129 it depends where you're located so you're not gonna get a straight answer, we all get different signal levels. The SS are all over the place with 129.

Just for comparison I'm getting 53 on TP31 in Northern California.

It really does not matter which transponder you pick. As long as you are getting servicable signal on that transponder, you can peak on it. You just don't want to pick a transponder that is a spot beam you cannot see.

They all come from the same spot in the sky.

It really does not matter which transponder you pick. As long as you are getting servicable signal on that transponder, you can peak on it. You just don't want to pick a transponder that is a spot beam you cannot see.

They all come from the same spot in the sky.

uh yeah it does make a difference...129 has no spot beams so that point is moot

But not all the TP's on that satellite are active. According to Lyngsat, these TP's are not active

Boy you'll be aiming until the dish gets chucked off the roof and breaks the neighbors window until you find a signal......because those TP's will show ZERO :)

Also if you are aiming using a SD receiver the HD TP's wont show so that takes out
1-4
8-12 (minus 10 since that TP isnt on)
23-31 (minus the ones above)

so if you have a SD reciever use 5,7,15,17,18,20,21 ;)

uh yeah it does make a difference...129 has no spot beams so that point is moot

But not all the TP's on that satellite are active. According to Lyngsat, these TP's are not active

Boy you'll be aiming until the dish gets chucked off the roof and breaks the neighbors window until you find a signal......because those TP's will show ZERO :)

Also if you are aiming using a SD receiver the HD TP's wont show so that takes out
1-4
8-12 (minus 10 since that TP isnt on)
23-31 (minus the ones above)

so if you have a SD reciever use 5,7,15,17,18,20,21 ;)

Excellent post Berg!

No one answered which transponder to peak to on 129. Also, what is considered a "good" signal, particularly with the new meter on the 622?
TP17 is probably the weakest. TP6 isn't exactly well endowed either.

As I do this stuff alone, I look for a transponder that is on the edge of a tone change from the receiver signal strength meter.

I peaked on tp27 which is weak and is Cinemax HD, among others. Randall those are sure some cute kids, or is that the same kid, anyway they must take after their momma!!!!!

Last edited: