Need C-band advice

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I will as soon as I have this whole system up and running. Once I get at least a few analog channels I'll look at an HD receiver.

Are there any that also move the dish or do I need to keep the old one just for dish-moving?

There is an add-on box, called a VBox and GBox, that will move the Dish vs. an Analog receiver.
There's also a 4DTV receiver, you can get a subscription on it.

Newbie needs info

Hi, I'm new to this forum. Just a few questions to bring me up to speed.
I have a Monterey 95 receiver with VC2, corotor with c and Ku lnb's, winegard 10'. It's been about 7 years since I've used the BUD. Have several questions which may be common knowledge, so please forgive my ignorance.

1. Is programming still available for the BUD that's competitive to cable, dish network etc? Who has the Best prices? 2. If required to get a digital receiver to get programming, what are some of the best receivers?
3. Will the lnb's I currently have work with a digital receiver?
4. Will the winegard work?
5. Will the Monterey work? If not, is there a digital add on?

In other information you could supply, I surely would appreciate it.

Thanks

1. callnps.com is one place for a subscription for a 4DTV receiver
2. 4DTV Sat Receiver, different than FTA Receiver
3. Probably, what brand / model LNBs?
4. Probably, since it worked before, is it in decent condition?
5. Not much Analog left, but could be used to drive the Dish, control polarity.

Most FTA Receivers can not control a Big Dish on their own. Since you already have something to drive the Dish, you could use a "Slave Kit" to piggy-back an FTA receiver.
Same goes for a 4DTV, it can drive the Dish and get a subscription, but it can't do DVB FTA.

For more / better answers, you should start your own Topic. :)

Thanks to Anole's tip, I got the free dish.

Thanks,

Ed
When you are here, you are family.
The thanks go to Dem0nlord ! - :up
I was just helping him out. - :D

And if you have some pictures of the dish, especially broken down, during transport, or even assembled, do post 'em!
We all enjoy a good peek! - :cool:

It's already assembled and on the pole. I'll shoot a picture and post it.

Ed

I was wondering if the feedhorn opening with this little antenna thingy inside needs to be covered to protect from moisture?

Bottom of a water bottle? Great idea, thanks.

On another note, I just realized that the remote for the GI 450i is missing. Since I plan to switch to an FTA receiver soon, I was wondering if someone has an old, functioning 450i remote. It doesn't seem to make sense to buy a new remote to align the dish, only to replace the receiver/remote in a month or two.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)