Need clear answer on getting 118

rjousuf

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 6, 2004
The more I read about it the more i get confused so i need some clear answer to my question if anyone can help. Here is the deal...

Have 1 receiver 311 looking at just 148 only using dishpro Lnb with dish 500 antenna. That's all i need is international channles, noting else, no 119, 110 or anyother dish. Some of the international channels that i get are now on 118 only and i cant seem to find the answer to whether I need to change my dish, my lnb or both to only get 118. Thats all i need 118, nothing else. So can i just move the dish to get 118, or do i need another lnb or another dish with ku lnb or wat. I have prefect view of the south sky with no obsticles. Thanks to anyone who responds..

That is correct, you will need to change your dish and LNB. The dish you have pointed at 148 is a "DBS" satellite and the 118.7 is a "FSS" satellite and the LNB for 148 simply won't pick up the 118.7 satellite. You need to have the 500 plus dish in order to pick up the 118.7. That is a larger dish which you will need in order to receive the weaker 118.7 signal. The dish picks up 119, 110 and 118.7 with cables going to a 34 switch and then from the switch to the receiver. If all you absolutely need is 118.7, you can connect a cable directly from the dual band LNB port "1F" to you receiver to pick up only 118.7. If you have and installation from Dish, they will connect all three whether you need it or not in case you want to upgrade your programming at a later time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts