Need Digital QAM Channel Maps For Charter's System In Fort Worth TX

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

TheTechGuru

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 30, 2010
Texas
Mainly I need to know the tuning parameters for The Weather Channel HD, it's supposed to be unencrypted and my QAM tuner is not finding it.

Good afternoon,

That channel is indeed on the basic tier in Fort Worth and should be unencrypted. I have contacted local management to find the channel's digital location. I will update you as soon as I hear back.

-George

Nope, I think channel 78's signal is getting trapped.

Maybe y'all should consider moving it further away from the extended basic trapped signal range. 33-77, 81-89.

The digital version wouldn't be trapped, but encrypted at the headend. I have reached back out to have them verify once again.

Ya, I understand that digital channels are not normally trapped, but due to the freq you have it on only 1 channel away from a trapped range any trap that is not "perfect" could wind up blocking it. I can already tell the trap on my line ain't perfect because analog Comedy Central (Ch 81) is coming though clear.

The lowest channel number I'm picking up QAM on is channel 80.

I'm picking up QAM on 80, 85, 90, 91, 93, 94, 100, 101, 102, 110, 111, 115, 117, 128, 129, 132.

Is there any way you can post the complete unencrypted QAM channel maps so I can properly map all the channels to the TV guide in Windows Media Center? I got most of the major ones mapped that have logo's most of the time, but the ones that don't I'm having a hard time guessing what they are. MusicChoice's all have slides that tell you what they are so no need to post those.

Last edited:
Ya, I understand that digital channels are not normally trapped, but due to the freq you have it on only 1 channel away from a trapped range any trap that is not "perfect" could wind up blocking it. I can already tell the trap on my line ain't perfect because analog Comedy Central (Ch 81) is coming though clear.

The lowest channel number I'm picking up QAM on is channel 80.

I'm picking up QAM on 80, 85, 90, 91, 93, 94, 100, 101, 102, 110, 111, 115, 117, 128, 129, 132.

Is there any way you can post the complete unencrypted QAM channel maps so I can properly map all the channels to the TV guide in Windows Media Center? I got most of the major ones mapped that have logo's most of the time, but the ones that don't I'm having a hard time guessing what they are. MusicChoice's all have slides that tell you what they are so no need to post those.

Unfortunately I cannot. The QAM channel map changes often due to maintenance and other network changes. This is why we don't post them in any of our markets. I have heard back from the headend and we have verified that it is being broadcast on 78.113. We can set up a tech visit to verify the trap is not causing your trouble if you'd like.

-George

The QAM channel map changes often due to maintenance and other network changes.

Well, tell them to move it to a channel above 80 and put digital expanded basic channels on 78.

I'm getting a new TV this week and I'll see if it gets them before proceeding further just to be sure it's not my PCI QAM tuner causing the problem.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts