Need DIRT help

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

crackinhedz

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Feb 2, 2013
Virginia
Just upgraded to new Hopper about a month ago, this morning everything was working fine. Came home and noticed no live programming was on Tv. Then I noticed on the guide, channels 0 through 100 not showing on the guide. So I reset the Hopper, unplugged from wall etc. Still nothing.

called Dish, and eventually got to level 2 tech...went over same trouble shooting steps, and some dish diagnostic test. Signal is fine, everything looks ok except my Smart Card now reads all zeros. Long story short, the tech told me they would have someone out with a new card Saturday, but I get email saying not until Monday?!? It's Super Bowl weekend and I have no live channels! (All my Dvr shows play fine)

is help even possible? I hope someone here can help, I have to watch the Super Bowl and possibly even ppv UFC Saturday night.

Thanks for any info

Hopper is one month old! (Brand new from Dish)

Don't know if this makes any difference, but now my guide only has one channel listed (Fuel Tv 398) and the time is about 6 hours ahead of actual time.

Don't know if this makes any difference, but now my guide only has one channel listed (Fuel Tv 398) and the time is about 6 hours ahead of actual time.

Pull the smart card out and then push it back in and make sure its properly seated, it will reboot after you put the card back in. If that doesn't fix it then I would then run a check switch test and verify all your sats are listed and that you see three tuners listed. Then exit and hopefully the guide will update, if not, the nightly update should fix it as long as it really isn't a hard ware issue. Smart cards rarely fail, so I think something else is going on. Usually all 0s is caused by the card not being fully seated in the slot.

Last edited:
I just pulled the card out and reseated it, felt flush. Have never removed it before either.

The guide now shows about 8 channels, from 106 to 398.

check switch shows three signals everything with green checks.

But smart card still reads all zeros.

any way to do manual firmware update?

Wipe the smart card with a dry cloth. Reseat it and wait 1-2 days.

I just pulled the card out and reseated it, felt flush. Have never removed it before either.

The guide now shows about 8 channels, from 106 to 398.

check switch shows three signals everything with green checks.

But smart card still reads all zeros.

any way to do manual firmware update?

When you pull the card out and leave it out, does system info show up on the screen? It could be a bad card or maybe n issue with the card reader. I don't think firmware has anything to do with this. Do you have the installers phone number? Maybe he can bring you a new box since the Super Bowl is on Sunday. I would personally replace the box to be sure this issue doesn't happen in the future if the card reader is at fault.

When you pull the card out and leave it out, does system info show up on the screen? It could be a bad card or maybe n issue with the card reader.
It tells me to "insert smart card" (system info button doesn't work when this message show), then when I insert it reboots.

It tells me to "insert smart card" (system info button doesn't work when this message show), then when I insert it reboots.

Did it just start today? (I'm half asleep so I don't remember if you stated that) if so, hopefully the nightly update tonight fixes it but I'm not to optimistic. I would get on the phone with your installer tomorrow morning if possible and ask to get a replacement dropped off if he can, that's not normal policy but maybe he can do something. It's weird that it shows all 0s but you can still watch some channels. Because of that, and the fact more channels are showing in the guide, hopefully the full guide download tonight does the trick. Dish can't get you a replacement till Tuesday at the soonest even with expedited shipping .

The guide shows a few channels, but I get no viewable Tv. It's just black screen.

was working fine this morning, went to work came home and this started happening.

Nothing changed, been working for a month. Smart card never touched since being installed, I'd like to think I'm tech savvy and can insert a smart card properly.

I guess I will just hope it fixes itself, and call someone in the morning..well in a few hours.

of all weekends, Super Bowl weekend.

I miss my old Vip722

The guide shows a few channels, but I get no viewable Tv. It's just black screen.

was working fine this morning, went to work came home and this started happening.

Nothing changed, been working for a month. Smart card never touched since being installed, I'd like to think I'm tech savvy and can insert a smart card properly.

I guess I will just hope it fixes itself, and call someone in the morning..well in a few hours.

of all weekends, Super Bowl weekend.

I miss my old Vip722

Yeah that stinks. What SW version do you have and where about do you live?

Actually just shut everything down for the night, so not sure exact software number...was updated on December 26,2012 if that helps. I live in Lynchburg VA

Well no real progress made. Problem did not fix itself, and local installers too busy to come out. So I have a replacement hopper coming via mail on Monday.

I lucked out though, my TV has an ATSC tuner so I connected an antenna and CBS is coming in clear HD.

Was hoping to get the UFC ppv tonight, but I'm outta luck with that.

And Dish is not even compensating me for being without TV on the biggest TV weekend! They even wanted me to pay $20 delivery fee for the receiver, but I said "oh he'll no."

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)