Need FTA info please

Status
Please reply by conversation.

billinmidmich

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 21, 2004
Hi...maybe there is an answer already here somewhere. If you can point me to it.....thanks. Or have an answer for me. I have a Cband dish and sold my 4DTV receiver a while back. My question is.....is there any FTA receiver that I can connect to my actuator and be able to move my Cband dish so I can use the Cband dish with the FTA ? If there is...what one do you recommend ? Thanks a lot.

The only one that I know of is Manhattan (forgot the model, I believe its a European box)... Many of the Pansats (the 2700 and 3500 for sure) will control the polarotor, but not the actuator. You can use a VBox II to translate the DiSEqC 1.2 command protocol for the small motors into 36v actuator control.

I have a Manhattan Skyline 1000 (mfd in June 2003) that I believe has that feature, it has a 3 wire connector on the back, looks like speaker wire connectors but it's for an actuator, if that is what you're talking about then this is the box model BUT!!! the problem is that they are no longer available, Manhattan is OUT OF BUSINESS,,,bankrupt a few years ago.

You might find one on Ebay though or something that will.

Some of us just use an old c-band rec to move the dish, you can find them pretty cheap these days, most of the later ones have actuator control built-in.

a v-box II sold at one of out sponsors will move a big dish.
if i read it right it will take commands from your FTA receiver like and move the dish.

Conus vs. KU...

I'm still learning and hope you don't mind answering all my 10,000 questions but I was wondering type of LNBF's can see Conus band?:confused:

I see so many band types on Lyngsat and it's confusing for me.:eek:

Would be nice to have a chart to tell me.....now I'm dreaming, right?:D

I know it stands for contiguous US or continental US....something like that

Receiver you can use

Hi...maybe there is an answer already here somewhere. If you can point me to it.....thanks. Or have an answer for me. I have a Cband dish and sold my 4DTV receiver a while back. My question is.....is there any FTA receiver that I can connect to my actuator and be able to move my Cband dish so I can use the Cband dish with the FTA ? If there is...what one do you recommend ? Thanks a lot.

Check out this link on eBay, a brand new Manhattan receiver, it may be the only one left on earth. They are great quality receivers.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Manhattan-Skyli...ryZ32847QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

CONUS on Lyngsat is not a band, it refers to the footprint of the beam from the transponder in question. If it says CONUS on a transponder, that means the beam is directed at the Continental U.S...

If its beige, its in the clear digital. As long as the beam is CONUS, you should be able to get it (as long as its not Digicipher II and you don't live in Alaska or Hawaii :) )

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts