Need help adding to new system

ffontana

Original poster
Mar 3, 2009
Pittsburgh pa
I have a new Dish Net system installed in our new house. Currently have 2- dual recievers running 4 TVs. We need to add 2 more TVs. i purchased a 322 dual receiver ( TVs are not HD) and need to hook it up. I have 2 bedrooms to supply. Both have coax run from the basdement to each TV. I cannot run from one TV to the other. I have 2 other TVs with the same setup. They installed a power inserter were the signal enters the basement. Do I need another power inserter switch to hook up TVs #5 and 6?

Thanks in advance for any help provided.

You will need another cable (if it has not already been run) all the way from dish antenna to the new 322. Not a bad deal for $30!

We need to know what dish you have. If it's a 1000 series you can just run a third cable to the dish from the new receiver. But, if it's a 500 there are only two outputs and you'll have to add a switch for a third receiver. Either way, $30 is a steal.

I have a new Dish Net system installed in our new house. Currently have 2- dual recievers running 4 TVs. We need to add 2 more TVs. i
With that, you'll end up with 6 satellite tuners all with individual controls. Maybe this doesn't apply for you, but do you need 6 different TV's with individual controls? Or can you use the same feed/tuner on some of the standard tv's and avoid paying for the 3rd receiver? I know if I had 6 tv's in my house, that I could get by with 4 sat tuners instead of 6. Just asking to save some money month to month (even though it's too late for the purchase of the new receiver).

If you don't have DHPP, call and get it and then make the appointment.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts