Need help choosing external hard drive for HMC HD DVR

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
I've used both the BlacX dock and that new TT case. Both have worked well, and Im currently using the case becuase the blue around the fans looks a lot cooler than the black x. Ive been using the Green Drive since Jan (2TB), but I'd concur about the AV-GP drives. I bought the Green because of the floods had prices so jacked.

Been on vacation & now I'm finally ready to hook up my WD20EARX (using Thermaltake BlacX for ESATA) to my HR22. Is there anything I need to do before connecting this to my DVR? Instructions in the box mention hooking it up to my computer to format the hard drive. Is that just for if I'm using it to backup my computer?

Been on vacation & now I'm finally ready to hook up my WD20EARX (using Thermaltake BlacX for ESATA) to my HR22. Is there anything I need to do before connecting this to my DVR? Instructions in the box mention hooking it up to my computer to format the hard drive. Is that just for if I'm using it to backup my computer?

just unplug the hr22 from the wall. connect the new HD to the hr22 via esata cable. turn on the new HD and give it time to spin up, then plug in the hr22, then just follow the on-screen instructions. when i did mine it erased all my season passes, so you may want to write them down first unless you know them all.

just unplug the hr22 from the wall. connect the new HD to the hr22 via esata cable. turn on the new HD and give it time to spin up, then plug in the hr22, then just follow the on-screen instructions. when i did mine it erased all my season passes, so you may want to write them down first unless you know them all.

Thank you. I'm up & running now, so I can record all the football I want (without hearing the wife gripe about me hogging the DVR)!!! :D

Thank you. I'm up & running now, so I can record all the football I want (without hearing the wife gripe about me hogging the DVR)!!! :D

isn't it nice to be able to record whatever you want not have to worry about space. adding the 2TB drive to my system was one of the best things i ever did.

isn't it nice to be able to record whatever you want not have to worry about space. adding the 2TB drive to my system was one of the best things i ever did.

I would caution you against having too much on your hard drive. It's tempting to record lots of shows, but if the hard drive goes, so do all of your recordings.

It doesn't erase any series recording timers. Those are stored on the hard drive still. Plugging in the external disables the internal one. If you unplugged the external you would see your old timers and shows.

Sent from my C64 w/Epyx FastLoad cartridge

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)