Need help finding a wall plate for multiple cables

CubsWin

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Dec 17, 2005
Bourbonnais, IL
I currently have several cables running through holes that were drilled in the floor behind my TV in the family room. I'm going to be replacing my existing carpet with laminate flooring, so now I want to modify my setup to run cables through the wall instead. Can anyone recommend some sort of open wall plate, maybe something with a flap or cover to partially disguise the wires, while at the same time allowing me to run new cables through it if necessary? There must be something made with this purpose in mind, but I haven't been able to find anything.

How about this?

Pass Through Wall Plate for Speaker Wire

MC1P-2T.jpg

Lowes has a 6$ one in the TV section but I just drill a 1 1/4" hole in a 90 cent blank plate.

Try Parts-Express.com and look under the Home A-V / wall plates tab. They have all types and you can configure a custon setup if you want.

Nose wall plates can be kinda expensive and hard to find.

You can do it this way, Kinda old school tho
256821_Full.jpg

But the way I have been doing it lately is buy the wall plate with the big hold in it (Wal-Mart .30 cents)....Run all your wires through it and cut a piece of Styrofoam the size of the wall plate to hide the hole. Just cut a slit in the styrofoam and put the foam behind the wall plate.

WORD TO THE WISE:..... I will not install a HDMI plate anymore...Nothing but problems. The HDMI plate always go's out and causes lines in the picture. If at all possible, Run HDMI straight to the TV from the source.

I recently had to put in my A/V rack in another room and had to run quite a few cables through the wall. I just took a blank wall plate, drilled a big hole in it, but I also ran my cables in black wire loom. Looks nice and neat.

I believe it is Home Depot, but it probably is available at Lowes too... A blank plate with a cut out in it the sice of those square rocker switches, about 1"x2". Both sides have nylon bristles that project inward to fill in the hole. The bristles just move to the side to let any cables you want to go through it. It is around $5 I believe.

The other day I saw that a customer had a "modular" wall plate, basically each section was the size of a normal wall plate but had channels in the side so you could connect multiple plates together vertically and horizontally... Gosh I shoulda looked at the manufacturer...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts