Need Help from a Dealer

Status
Please reply by conversation.

sugarqube

Jul 28, 2004
Maybe a dealer can help me out, I want to subscribe to DTV but I already have 3 DTVTIVO receivers the receivers are upgraded with 200gb hd but don't have any access cards so i can't subscribe. These receivers have never been used to subscribe or anything else before. When i call DTV they tell me that I need to bring in my old receiver and get a new one, i don't want a new one i want to use these upgraded DTV units.

I am willing to prepay or guarantee a 12 month platinum sub, and will also likely get some sports packages but i don't know how to go about doing this. Every dealer i call tells me that I need to buy new equipment and DTV is telling me the same thing. Is there any way i can buy the new equipment, pay for it and then just sign up with my new receivers? I am willing to compensate any dealer that is able to help me out.

Thanks

sugarqube

couchpotato

Jul 13, 2004
Northern Michigan
You don't need new units, just new access cards. Tell them that you have the units already & just need 3 access cards & you'll sign up for 1 year. They will do it, I know. I did it 3 months ago for 1 TIVO & 2 Hughes stand alone units. If not, buy 3 sealed unused cards off e-bay. Make sure the seller has a very good feedback. I think I paid only $20 per card from DTV for my set up. Good luck... :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts