Need help from FTA gods

Status
Please reply by conversation.
You could be on the arc, or it could be off some still, the only way to know would be to try it. Trying another sat shouldn't mess you up on 97W. You should be able to just select 97W again and it should go back and be all right there.

Yes, you should be able to pick another sat and USALS will take you there. Pick one and once the dish has moved to it, do a blindscan and see what you get and then compare the channels to Sathint, or Lyngsat, etc, see if the channels match, if you seem to be getting all you should, etc. You may also have to [probably will have to] set the LNB frequency and all for each separate sat too.

I'm not familiar with your receiver, some receivers, once you set USALS for one sat, the receiver will automatically set all Ku sats to USALS, other receivers you have to set each sat to USALS individually. I have receivers here that are both ways, don't know how yours is. I like the ones where each has to be set individually, myself.

You can fine tune it a bit more by moving the LNB foward/back in it's holder while you watch your Q meter for any improvment, sometimes that can make a big difference! I was just setting up one of my Slimline dishes today and a 1/4 movement that way would make the signal jump a good 10% or so.

Is your Orbital Tracker LNB the one with the yellow cover on the front? That's a decent LNB, if it is, I have one here and it works great. A PLL LNB would improve your signal a bit more, if you find there's some things you just can't quite catch.

Almost forgot, 87W has some PBS stations, but lately they've been hard for some people [me included :eek:] to receive, so if you cant get the LPB stations there, don't fret over it. 103W Ku has some good stuff, 125 W has a bunch of PBS but is also hard to pull in, same as 87W. 121W has a good station, if you like car stuff. 95W has CCTV news and documentary channel. Those are pretty much the ones I watch on Ku, most of my TV watching time is spent on C band. :)

Welcome to FTA Tphambo! As A Raine said, you could be in the arc but you would have to turn your motor to different FTA satellites East and West, and evaluate the signal quality at all different points. A little tweaking might be indicated based on that information. Good luck and have fun with your new dish.

Status
Please reply by conversation.