Need help helping parents with replacement 722

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

sclaws

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
Aurora, IL
I'm trying to help my folks install a replacement 722 via phone (they're 1000mi away; Dad doesn't talk well to Dish tech support ;). We have been able to pair their remotes correctly, set the zip code and successfully ran the check switch. Right now the receiver has been "downloading guide information" for about 3hrs. He says the green status bar will get almost to the end very quickly....then waits....and eventually starts over again. This has happened several times. I'm not sure if I should have them continue to wait, or reboot and try again? Any suggestions?

needs to check the line of sight first... something may be blocking signal or the dish is out of alignment. You can have him put you on the account and you can setup a trouble call for someone to come out.

Thx...got it figured out--they never actually ran the check switch when I asked them to. Once that was done the downloads succeeded.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts