need help identifying pre-slimline dishes

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

edugamer

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 20, 2019
pa
what were the most common directv dishes seen in the wild before the slimline? I remember having a huge one when we had directv put in back in 06. It was round and huge like 33" I recall. Think we subbed to the total choice or something like that, which had the Spanish speaking channels and satellite radio. Maybe someone here who worked for them might know a little more about these dishes and other defunct dishes to keep an eye out for. Was it a world direct disk perhaps? But I think that is a later product. I imagine the older dishes will be great for FTAing and converting to KuBand if I can figure out what names they went by. Can't see any obsolete dishes model numbers listed on the solid signal.

what were the most common directv dishes seen in the wild before the slimline? I remember having a huge one when we had directv put in back in 06. It was round and huge like 33" I recall. Think we subbed to the total choice or something like that, which had the Spanish speaking channels and satellite radio. Maybe someone here who worked for them might know a little more about these dishes and other defunct dishes to keep an eye out for. Was it a world direct disk perhaps? But I think that is a later product. I imagine the older dishes will be great for FTAing and converting to KuBand if I can figure out what names they went by. Can't see any obsolete dishes model numbers listed on the solid signal.
Best I could find quickly. ;)

DIRECTV Satellite Dish Type Reference Guide

18" round (one slot)
46DTVDE2_list.gif

Phase 2 (two slot)
p2-sm.jpg

Phase 3 (three slot)
OD1820-BX_list.jpg

AT9 (aka "sidecar", original Ku/Ka dish, rather rectangular)
dish_kaku_fl2-4.jpg

The WorldDirect dish is perhaps the most useful for FTA but was not widely used.
dtv66e_medlrg.jpg

Contrary to the naming scheme, the Slimline is anything but and features a sail area larger than all but the WorldDirect dish.

It is believed by some that the multi-slot dishes do not feature a truly parabolic dish and as such, make for a less than ideal reflector.

Reactions: stogie5150
18" round (one slot)
46DTVDE2_list.gif

Phase 2 (two slot)
p2-sm.jpg

Phase 3 (three slot)
OD1820-BX_list.jpg

AT9 (aka "sidecar", original Ku/Ka dish, rather rectangular)
dish_kaku_fl2-4.jpg

The WorldDirect dish is perhaps the most useful for FTA but was not widely used.
dtv66e_medlrg.jpg

Contrary to the naming scheme, the Slimline is anything but and features a sail area larger than all but the WorldDirect dish.

It is believed by some that the multi-slot dishes do not feature a truly parabolic dish and as such, make for a less than ideal reflector.
thanks!
great to know!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts