Need help identifying this BUD

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

guapoharry

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 19, 2006
32ºN 111ºW
I am negotiating to acquire this dish. Can anyone identify it?

What chance is there that the dish would be good for Ku as well as for C band? How do you tell?

TIA.

PS, it is really lying down on the ground. For fun, I photoshopped it to make it look set up - sort of...

Attachments

• nudish.jpg
    nudish.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 254
It looks a lot like a Paraclipse dish. The small LNB housing would make me think it is set up for C Band only but that is a guess and you should be able to open easily and look at the LNB(s). For Ku, you need dish panel perforations less than the tickness of a pencil as they have said on past posts here. If it is a Paraclipse, you might have some issues on Ku based on some reports here. Should work fine but some will drop strength on Ku when it is windy, etc. If a Ku LNB is in the housing, you should also see three or four wires coming from the ring around the LNB going back to the dish panels to secure the buttonhook LNB holder. It should be a very good C Band dish and some of the manuals and specs for it should exist in the manuals area of this site. If you need specific info and it is a Paraclipse - shout as there are many owners here. By the way, look for a lable on pole for a serial number and date of mfgr.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)