Need help / info with older BUD

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

rv1pop

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
I have an older Winegard Dish with buttonhook and old motor (we used to call them acuators) that is muddy and a Microwave Systems Engineering Model LB 6080 lnb. Says CHAPARRAL on the polarity control. 3.7 to 4.3 Ghz with 950-1450 Mhz IF. Stamped into the side are the numbers 007215.

I need information on getting the dish back together, back on the mount and onto the 4" post I am about to set up. I have PLENTY of room and a very clear view of the southern sky.

I am presuming this is an analog setup. I did have the receiver but should be able to find it again by the time I get the dish together and set up. I did see it when we packed up our belongings after the burglary.

Can anyone tell me where to find the information. I have tried reading all the posts but most everything I can find is for "4dtv" and I do not think that is what I have or will have.

Thanks in advance.
POP

a little info

This site is a little hard to read, due to the background graphics, but it's a wealth of info on setting up BUDs.
Footprints by Dish Size - Adjusting the Polar Mount for Prime Focus Antenna - C/Ku-Band Satellite Systems - Tuning, Tracking, Azimuth, Elevation, Declination Angles, F/D Ratio, Focal Distance, Inclinometer, LNB/Feedhorn Assembly, Actuator Assembly, C

Also, for particular things, you might tiptoe through the C-band FAQ section right here on SatGuy's.
They have links to everything, but the first site I listed above is pretty comprehensive.

If ya have any particular questions, I'm sure the great guys here can help you out.

which way did you come in?

Sorry, old joke.

Thanks, Anole,
That does give me more information than I had.... I must be getting old, I recognized a lot of the information, but I had forgotten SO MUCH! I have been a ham radio operator for 50 years... (But I can not be that old,) and I helped push the VTR between tv stations in Seattle when there was only 1 Ampex for 3 stations. I hope I can find the receiver and this should help me on the hook up.I probably will only need a 50 foot co-ax / control run and because of the many field mice I will have to use conduit. The suggestion to leave the covers off is a good one here that I would not have thought of --- we have at least 4 kinds of nest building hornets and wasps, I do not need hidden nests!
I use that line and I did no asked to be helped OUT ! TNX OM.

Post the brand and model number of the old receiver.
Someone here may well have the identical unit.
You never know who'll have a manual.
We seem to be collecting docs on old equipment in another section of the FTA forum.

And the number one way to get more interest in your project . . .
. . . post some pictures of everything.
Everybody loves a good picture.
Not only of the gear, but even the field you intend to plant it in.

Had a ticket for at least 35, but found so many other outlets in the last 20.
Technology isn't just for hams; there are so many disciplines.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts