Need help installing HD receiver

Status
Please reply by conversation.

pqv22

Original poster
Mar 17, 2009
torrance
I attempted to use my HD receiver at my Vac Home and it will not work. Does anyone know why? I hooked up a standard def receiver to the dish just to make sure the satellite was receiving a signal and everything works fine.

The dish is an HD dish with built in multiswitch. I even used the PI but still...no good. What gives?

We need details. Receiver model? Dish type? There are a couple of dishes that have a built in multswitch. (The phase III triple LNB, Slimline 5 LNB amd the Slimline 3 LNB).

I suspect your standard receiver is working because it is getting a signal from 101, but if the tilt is wrong on a multisat dish you won't get the HD sats.

What signal strengths do you get? List all sats and transponders.

My receiver is the HR-22, and I believe the dish is Triple LNB 18 x 20 (got it fr Ebay: NEW Directv HD TRIPLE LNB Satellite Dish DTV FREE S/H - eBay (item 180337700126 end time Mar-23-09 22:32:29 PDT)).

When I hook up the standard receiver I get strong sat signals. When I hook up the HR-22, I get absolutely nothing (0 on all sats and transponders). Why would it work on the standard receiver but NOTHING on the HR-22, not even the SD channels or any signal strength.

The HR22 will work with that dish, but it will not get the new hd channels. If you want to watch the sd channels, make sure in the setup it is set to a three lnb dish.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)