need help on diseqc question on what actuator will work?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

batzzz19

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 6, 2009
los angeles
need help with the right lnb

if i have a 6 foot dish wich i do
a lnb wich i need to know which one is best in hd
a actuator that im planning to use

if im in the situation of getting the lnb and actuator
if i need to know what is the dmx741universal gonna do for me

the dmx741univesal has a swich for c band and ku band for single use on the output to the
controller! right! some guy on ebay says his are hd?

i see some tbs card use diseqc 2.0 1.3 and so on but how come there using this

is it for different equiptment like the motor or switching type and even maybe location

i see that tbs tenow sell many card with different options

should we need to keep that 1x2 diseqc setup instead? with the dmx741u for example?

so if 1.2 is most common i would need an actuator that is 2.1 common right?

i find this helpful=======================>

A number of variations of DiSEqC exist:
  • DiSEqC 1.0, which allows switching between up to 4 satellite sources
  • DiSEqC 1.1, which allows switching between up to 16 sources
  • DiSEqC 1.2, which allows switching between up to 16 sources, and control of a single axis satellite motor
  • DiSEqC 2.0, which adds bi-directional communications to DiSEqC 1.0
  • DiSEqC 2.1, which adds bi-directional communications to DiSEqC 1.1
  • DiSEqC 2.2, which adds bi-directional communications to DiSEqC 1.2
All four variations were standardized by February 1998, prior to general use of digital satellite television. The later versions are backwards compatible with the lower revisions, but the lower revisions are, as might be expected, not forwards compatible with the higher revision numbers. 1.x and 2.x versions are both backwards and forwards compatible. This table shows what works and what does not:

1.0 switch 1.1switch 1.2motor 2.0switch 2.1switch 2.2motor
1.0receiver yes no no yes no no
1.1receiver yes yes no yes yes no
1.2receiver yes yes yes yes yes yes
2.0receiver yes no no yes no no
2.1receiver yes yes no yes yes no
2.2receiver yes yes yes yes yes yes

ok, lets say i got the a actuator and card and lnb are all backward compadible

the card woulb the the not yet sold one for tbs 6986, i went ahead and asked if it is because there card
only says diseqc 2.x ?

Last edited:
I don't use a card as I've got 3 STBs that do that without going through my computer.

I've got both a 741U and a 741S and I prefer the S model as the U model always gives me funky transponder numbers on Ku and that sux when you are trying to hunt feeds. I finally figured out that the U model's TPs numbers were like 147 off of what "The List" shows them to be. I don't use that U model any more and have it just as a spare now.

I've got the 741S model connected to a dish with a Vbox X used as a controller that is connected to a SuperJack actuator and it works fine and will auto move the dish when I select a channel on another satellite.

The S model I'm using now will switch from H to V polarity from voltage delivered by the receiver. The S model will also switch from C to Ku using a 22 hrz tone and that function along with the V and H polarities are controlled by the receiver through a single coax from the LNBF.

Either will do HD or SD tv so that's not an issue.

lets say im trying to use an universal

will it still work? or would it be difficult to find locked satellites?

because i know what else i can use it for

will you sell it??????

thank you for letting me know, now i know what lnb i should get
standard!!! cool

i got a different question how does the cband dish get other channels when you satellite boxes

are at different satellite uses.

do u have two dishes or something

1 satellite in one box while watching another satellite in the other how would it mechanically do it?

the reason i ask because i was really wondering why mediaportal has host and client account on diffent computers

like if you where to connect tru the interenet to watch tv

but still having the different satellites on different satellite channel

mediaportal is free and it work nice with newer card like hauppuage and so on tbs i like

because it gots 500ma to move the acutator in diseqc 1.2 stuff

Last edited:
On my U LNBF I couldn't put in known TPs and have it lock them. At that time I was using a Pansat 3500 SD to blind scan and the Ku TP numbers never did match what "The List" showed were on a particular satellite. The only way I could recognize TPs on Ku sats was by looking at the SRs and then there were problems because some TPs use the same SRs. Just a royal PITA IMHO.

For sale? Not really as I have a third dish I'm going to put up this spring and I'll probably put it on that one. Right now I have two dishes up and I also have two AZBox receivers. I also have two DMX 741S LNBFs, one on each of those dishes. Now I blind scan with an Ultra and then transfer the channel data via FTP from the Ultra receiver to the other, which is an Elite with no blind scan. That way both receivers have the same channel lists in them. The U LNBF made it impossible to do that so I bought another S model.

Not sure I understand your other questions, and or don't have an answer.

@Lonegunman... What did you have you LOF set to witg the 741? Were the frequencies high or low? I was gonna sell my 741u but maybe this is the reason i could never get ku to work with it.

crackt out,.

@Lonegunman... What did you have you LOF set to witg the 741? Were the frequencies high or low? I was gonna sell my 741u but maybe this is the reason i could never get ku to work with it.

crackt out,.

Crackt I tried it with with a couple of different settings on Ku but finally wound up using 10750 as per a recommendation by Iceberg. It always worked, to a point, but it just never did give me the correct numbers for TPs that were found when I did blind scans. I've still got it and as I said, I've also got another dish or two I'm going to mount and it will get used again, just not on the dishes that have AZBoxes connected to them.

Lone Gunman said:
Crackt I tried it with with a couple of different settings on Ku but finally wound up using 10750 as per a recommendation by Iceberg. It always worked, to a point, but it just never did give me the correct numbers for TPs that were found when I did blind scans. I've still got it and as I said, I've also got another dish or two I'm going to mount and it will get used again, just not on the dishes that have AZBoxes connected to them.

Did you try to set it as universal with an lof of 9750 / 10600. This is the correct setting for the (U)niversal version of the 741. 10750 - 10600 gives an offset of 150 mhz like you experienced. Of course you could always lock it to the high band by turning 22khz on and using an lof of 10600. I guess mine may still be for sale. Haha. I dont have the patience for ku on a bud.

crackt out,.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts