Need Help Please

Status
Please reply by conversation.

calmeidajr

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 28, 2009
NJ
I am getting a 6 foot channel master dish on Friday for some FTA surfing. I live in NJ and I am wondering if I will be able to see the c-band satellites and which are the more popular ones. I have a coolsat 5000 will that work for the dish?..Is there any other boxes I would need?
Any help would be greatly appreciated

THanks

I am getting a 6 foot channel master dish on Friday for some FTA surfing. I live in NJ and I am wondering if I will be able to see the c-band satellites and which are the more popular ones. I have a coolsat 5000 will that work for the dish?..Is there any other boxes I would need?
Any help would be greatly appreciated

THanks

The first advice I can give is to do a site survey. Check and make sure you can "see" some of the Clarke Belt. See these links:

Really Rocket Science » Blog Archive » DIY Friday: Satellite Site Survey

Where should I install my satellite dish antenna? Get help with your satellite installation

Then come back and tell us what satellites you can "see".

Last edited:
What programming or satellites are you looking for? You will get a lot of channels with the coolsat, even if it's a little older, and SD-only.

Post a list, or picture of what you get, we can tell more about what you'll need then. If you want a steerable dish, to get more than one sat at a time, you will need a motor-controller and dish-actuator arm for the dish. You can use an older big-dish receiver to move the dish, or buy the gbox that is controlled by the coolsat to move the dish around. If the dish comes with an actuator then you are ahead of the game already!

Hey turbo, I Just got a sat survey and I can see everything until 113 after 113 I run into trees. Is that pretty decent as far as fta programming?

If you can see the arc from 113 and east, that's not bad at all. I'd say the eastern satellites are "busier" that the western satellites.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)