Need help.. Probable switch back to DISH.

wicked

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 5, 2005
Okay people i have been with DirecTV for the last 2.5 years.. I have nothing wrong with DirecTV but price is getting to high to keep it.. I was offered a similiar setup to the one I have with DirecTV from DISH.. Basically:

3 tvs with HD 2 with SD
DISH Latino MAX

For around $80/mo.. With all receiver fees and DVR.. After promotions it will me around $95/mo.

Right now with DirecTV im around $110/mo. and free HD for 9 months more..

I want the help of retailers with spilling the beans when would be the right time to Place an order right now or after May18?

One DVR will do.. The quote was with 1 VIP722 1 VIP222 and 1 VIP211..

I just want to know if i should wait are make the switch now..

One DVR will do.. The quote was with 1 VIP722 1 VIP222 and 1 VIP211..
I just want to know if i should wait are make the switch now..

Hi wicked, we hope to be welcoming you to the Dish network family soon. I do not see any reason for you to delay till after May 18th. I do have some questions regarding your set-up. You stated 3 TV's (2 HD & 1 SD) the receiver's seem off. The 3 you listed would support 5 TV's- 3 HD & 2SD. Also pricing seems a little off:
DISH Latino Max for the first year $42.99, then $57.99 second year and beyond.
First receiver free
Second receiver (VIP222) $14.00
Third receiver (VIP11) $7.00
DVR Service Fee $6.00
Total Monthly Fee- $69.99 + Tax

Just want to make sure that your account gets set-up properly at install. good Luck and please let me know if I can assist you with anything!!!

I read the original post as 5 TVs, "3 with HD, 2 with SD" [I added the comma] but I'll let the original poster have the final say. :)

Hi wicked, we hope to be welcoming you to the Dish network family soon. I do not see any reason for you to delay till after May 18th. I do have some questions regarding your set-up. You stated 3 TV's (2 HD & 1 SD) the receiver's seem off. The 3 you listed would support 5 TV's- 3 HD & 2SD. Also pricing seems a little off:
DISH Latino Max for the first year $42.99, then $57.99 second year and beyond.
First receiver free
Second receiver (VIP222) $14.00
Third receiver (VIP11) $7.00
DVR Service Fee $6.00
Total Monthly Fee- $69.99 + Tax

Just want to make sure that your account gets set-up properly at install. good Luck and please let me know if I can assist you with anything!!!

Yeah its 5 TV's (3HD,2SD)..

What i want tO know is if there is going to be a better Q2 offer?

I am returning to DISH, and a rep told me i would get a new customer deal.. But it really doesnt matter if i dont.. It is really cheaper switching even without the discounts..

Yeah its 5 TV's (3HD,2SD)..

What i want tO know is if there is going to be a better Q2 offer?

I am returning to DISH, and a rep told me i would get a new customer deal.. But it really doesnt matter if i dont.. It is really cheaper switching even without the discounts..
Thank you clarifying your TV's, If you have been disconnected from Dish Network longer than 3 months and if you had any previous account with us, they would have need to be closed in good standing, you will be eligible for the new customer promotion.

ONE SMALL PROBLEM:

If you want to use EHDs some day. The ViP222 doesn't support that function, and I believe we can safely say it never will. It is not exactly the best receiver out there either, from what I've read. The ViP211 and ViP722 will each be able to support EHDs, but you won't be able to move an EHD from one to the other and view the programming on it. The ViP722, ViP722k, ViP622 & ViP922 can all share EHDs and read what each other wrote on them. One ViP211 can read what another ViP211 wrote to it's EHD. Of course, all this sharing assumes they are all on the same account.

This may or may not be important to you.

ONE SMALL PROBLEM:

If you want to use EHDs some day. The ViP222 doesn't support that function, and I believe we can safely say it never will. It is not exactly the best receiver out there either, from what I've read. The ViP211 and ViP722 will each be able to support EHDs, but you won't be able to move an EHD from one to the other and view the programming on it. The ViP722, ViP722k, ViP622 & ViP922 can all share EHDs and read what each other wrote on them. One ViP211 can read what another ViP211 wrote to it's EHD. Of course, all this sharing assumes they are all on the same account.

This may or may not be important to you.
thanks for your input.. I was kind of aware of that..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts