Need help / Program TV on RC66RX remote / ATT support worthless

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

bjf

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 28, 2004
Got a new remote for my HR24.
Put in new batteries.

The RC66RX remote.
Used in IR mode.
The old style white top remote with the four color buttons in the middle.

Programmed the box no prob.

Tried to program TV and can't get it programmed.

Called DTV three times today they failed and were too stupid to help.
Were even supposed to send me to tech support and instead put me back into a que to start all over again.
Boggles the mind they can't help with a simple basic remote problem.
Great ATT support. Really enjoy the time I wasted with them. And all the bucks I pay to them.

Anyone here know the fastest and simplist way to get the remote programmed to let me
adjust the volume and power button for the TV on the DTV remote.

I've already tried via the on screen settings for TV.

I did track down a 5 digit TV code but no idea how to enter the code.
Or where and when to slide the slider at the top to the TV position.

Thanks in advance, bjf

Last edited:
Slide the switch on top to Tv

Hit mute and select for 5 seconds till the light lights up on top

Enter your code

Light should flash 3 times.

If you go into the menu under remote control, the receiver should provide instructions to walk you through it

Many Thanks Claude!!!

Worked like a charm.

AT&T couldn't tell me how to do this in 3 long phone calls.

I looked around on their site and couldn't find it.

Appreciate the help!!!

bjf

Many Thanks Claude!!!

Worked like a charm.

Appreciate the help!!!

bjf
Thats why were here ....

However, you never did tell us what TV you were using ... thats how you get the right remote a different route.

Many Thanks Claude!!!

Worked like a charm.

Appreciate the help!!!

bjf

Here is something even worse.

I have a commercial client that has Comcast business with older boxes.

The Comcast idiots stacked 5 receivers on top of each other in the back room of this guys bar and programmed RF remotes.

The remotes went bad and I went to the Comcast office to get new ones, but could not figure out how to pair them to work RF.

Called Comcast business and the REFUSED to even help me. Instead they offered to schedule a service call to have a tech so it for us.

Ok, GREAT!

Then as they are scheduling it they wanted like $95 to send out a tech. So I was like just tell me what the procedure to program the remote and they still REFUSED!

I spoke with a supervisor and she sided with the agent saying they had to send someone out.

I lost it at that point and told the supervisor that any other company does anything in their power NOT to send out a technician, and here is Comcast not even wanting to even try.

So after arguing for 30 minutes, they finally agree to send out a tech the next day. I had then notate the account to call me before going out so I could meet their tech there

Nobody calls me, except for the manager of the bar saying the tech showed up, said they don’t support the older style boxes and left 5 new remotes and left without programming them. Basically in and out in 5 minutes.

I was going to have them give the customer new X1 boxes, but the genius who hooked everything ran the boxes using HDMI and Component video feeding 2 televisions with 1 box.

So meanwhile I had to go on eBay, but the older style RF upgrade adaptor, and figure out how to program everything myself.

Claude, what a nightmare you had to deal with. Enduring idiots at every turn.

So did you go buy a bottle of advil. lol

My brother hates comast bigtime.
But that is his only option in his area for tv and internet.

Wish we had a national fiber optic superhighway that regionally or locally smaller companies could
tap into and sell the internet to us with great service. Much like 20 years ago with dialup.

Finally do away with these terrible tv / internet delivery companies and their crap customer support.

Maybe someday.

Sorry to hear of all the crap you had to go through.

Hopefully your customer appreciated all you did for them.

Best, bjf

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)