need help putting up a dish 500

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

jeznzomby

Original poster
Jan 26, 2008
I live an a apartment complex i have a balcony with railings on the side i need some adivce on how to mount the dish to the rails any help please

Ok next I guess you have looked but you need to make sure your balcony is facing south to south west depending on where you live. What I would do is get a five gal bucket and put a 1 and 5/8ths pole in it and fill it with concrete. making sure it stays plumb as it dries.

i thought about that but i need to mount it some how to the rail because i need to clear a balcony right in front of me i need to clear it by a couple inches i tryed holding the dish up to see how much i need to clear it but now i need to know how can i mount it to the railing

If the vertical rails are close enough together, you can take the bottom foot from a second mounting bracket and put it on the opposite side of your mounting bracket. Use some machine bolts and nuts and cinch 'em down. Not pretty but it'll do for a DIY project. Just think "rail sandwich."