Need help...question about dish recievers

ashutto20

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 6, 2008
United States
I got in the mail an offer for our loyal customer?!?, haha. I could get the high definition megadeal which is a free hd dvr upgrade (which I would have received 2 hd dvr's, not sure what model) free hbo and starz for 3 months, and free platinum hd for 3 months. I wanted another 622 or 722 but was told I could only lease out 4 receivers. I already have a 622 so I would have to give up my 301 which I don't have a hd tv in that room, so I wouldn't need a hd dvr box.

My question is...was the csr ( who was very nice and helpful) correct in that I can only lease out 4 receivers and if so, I wouldn't mind purchasing a 301 or a sd box that could be cheaper. Amazon had one for 40 bucks but I didn't know if there was a better place to buy one or if that was a good price. I have a the card that goes in the receiver so all I would have to do is call dish and activate the receiver correct once I purchased it???

The other part deal to get is the programming mega deal which is free programming for 3 months (39.99 off the first, tenth, and twentieth month on your bill) and free hbo and starz for 3 months. A 2 year commitment is required for both deals.

Thanks in advance!

The smart cards are mated with the receivers and should not be swapped around.

That loyal customer deal sounds like a new customer deal, who is it actually from? Yes only 4 TUNERS can be leased others must be owned under current rules.

Thanks

Thanks for the reponses. I received this in the mail the other day and on the front it said exclusive offer for select dish network customers. On the back it says a gift for our loyal customer and has the offers in the middle. I guess I will look around and see if I can find a cheap non hd receiver then. Any good stores?

I signed up for that deal last weekend, may only be for those not on current commitment? I had to re-up for 24 months to get it but did get the 622 to replace my 522.

A gift for our loyal customer

I've been with E* for about 10 years and got a large postcard with the title. I HAVE THE AEP AND THE HD PKG. A YAKKER CHANNEL SEZ I AM TURBO-CHARGED ALREADY. There was a choice of two deals:

1. ULTIMATE TURBO-CHARGED HD PACKAGE:
-FREE HD PVR UPGRADE ($5.98/MP SERVICE FEE)
-$120 SAVING OFF YOU CURRENT PROGRAMMING PKG (3 MONTHS @$39.99)
-FREE HBO & STARZ FOR 3 MONTHS ($66 VALUE)
-FREE PLATINUMHD FOR 3 MONTHS ($30 VALUE)
-ADDITIONAL CREDIT OF $7 (ONE HD PPV/VOD)

OR

2. SUPER PROGRAMMING DISCOUNT PACKAGE:
-$120 SAVING OFF YOU CURRENT PROGRAMMING PKG (3 MONTHS @$39.99)
-FREE HBO & STARZ FOR 3 MONTHS ($66 VALUE)
-ADDITIONAL CREDIT OF $15 (3 PPV/VOD)
-FREE MULTISPORTS PACKAGE FOR 6 MONTHS

NOTE: Both offers require a 24 month commitment :rolleyes:

I don't know how free HBO & Starz would work with my AEP and since I own a 722and a 222 (not hooked up) and don't want to pay a DVR fee, these offers are pretty much useless. Threatening to quit gave better deals according to what I have seen in other threads. Anyway, I though others would be interested in the details of the "deal" that was offered.

Anyone else lose signal on 118.7 TP 18? (St. Louis)

110 not coming in, get 129 instead

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)