need help Regarding 2 hopper and joey installation.

ikm19

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Mar 8, 2009
Houston
This is my current setup... Dish 500 with 2 wires coming down from 3 lnbs to solo node and then to hopper.

I would like to add one more hopper and a joey to my setup. but i was confused when i got the duo node. It has 3 inputs for lnbs instead of two and when i replaced the solo node with duo it doesn't work it seems one hooper gets all 3 sats but the other on get only 1 sat.

Do i need to pull direct wires from lnb to duo node or i need to replace the whole dish to 1000.2

If you only have a "500" dish your only capable of running two lines from that dish. You'll need a 1000.2 running three lines to the duo node.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

I know nothing on the technical side, but my local dealer just installed a two Hopper one Joey system. The two Hoppers can see each other, but they can't see each others DVR. Is this because he installed it using two single nodes and not a dual node? It also on a DPP44 switch.

I know nothing on the technical side, but my local dealer just installed a two Hopper one Joey system. The two Hoppers can see each other, but they can't see each others DVR. Is this because he installed it using two single nodes and not a dual node? It also on a DPP44 switch.
a duo node is the proper way to get everything to work properly in a two hopper system with regards to sharing content.

I would look through the wiring diagrams and make sure he didn't cut any other corners with your install....

http://www.satelliteguys.us/showthread.php?t=279755

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)