question about dish 20.0 remote

fishman316

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 31, 2011
michigan
My remote for tv1 is starting to die. A couple of the functions do what they want at times instead of what they are supposed to do. I have a new 20.0 remote that I can use. Can I learn all the functions of the dying remote to the new one without having to gather together all the individual remotes and doing them one at a time?

What kind of tv are you programming this new remote to, what brand?, also to program the new remote to the receiver you have to hit system info on you receiver then hold down the sat button on your remote until all the lights on top of your remote come on release sat button then you hit the the 1 key and then hit the # key and the sat light should flash 3 times, tap sat button one time and it should now work for your receiver, if you tell me what brand tv you have ill let you know what to do to program it for volume and off and on function.

fishman316 said:
My remote for tv1 is starting to die. A couple of the functions do what they want at times instead of what they are supposed to do. I have a new 20.0 remote that I can use. Can I learn all the functions of the dying remote to the new one without having to gather together all the individual remotes and doing them one at a time?

He already has it programed. The answer to your question is no. The learned functions will need to be re taught. You can back up timers and settings into the reciever prior to getting a new remote via remote wizard. (press and hold 0) the learned commands will not back up.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts