Status
Please reply by conversation.

pokey31

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 10, 2005
Pickerington, OH
My zip code is 45680 and my location is: 38.433856 N, 82.552883 W

While setting up the sg2100 motor with winegard 76cm dish, i have leveled and plummed the dish on the side of the house. My magnetic south appears to be around 180 deg azimuth or somewhere around 83 degrees W.
Ive used the magnetic declination chart and it says my magnetic declination is 6.5 degrees west.

Questions are as follows:
1) What would my true south be with the above information?
2) I have my SG2100 elevation at 52 (which i assume is right with my zipcode)?
3) When i set my declination it should be 24 according to the manual.......is the declination set on the bracket on back of this dish itself? When i set it to 24 it looks like the lnbf is pointing lower than my pansat prime focus dish that i have tuned in on the ground below it.

use AMC9

there use to be a strong TP at 12020 V 30000 but it might be gone :(

There isnt much else on there...normally feeds

I use 12060V sr 30000 in order to tune in AMC 9, does that sound about right? That's the only thing I can on there, other than feeds.

okay, i found sbs-6 with a satellite finder.......and did a search, and found the ohio news network.....at this point i tightened my satellite up. my sg2100 is still around 0 degrees........

question...if i move my motor east and west from this point, will the motor track the arc correctly, or will it be off since i didn't tune it in to my "true south" sattelite of amc-9 while my motor is still around 0 degrees and pointing true south? this is confusing stuff.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts