Need Help Slaving FTA To 4DTV

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

farb

Original poster
Feb 24, 2006
I am having problems slaving my Viewsat 2000 to my 4DTV. I am using 2 splitters and a Diseqc Switch. My splitters pass DC and I believe that is part of the problem. I need to know exactly how to wire the C Band and Ku lnbs to the receivers. Which uses DC and which doesn't and how do I set up my FTA receiver? Does it use lnb voltage or is that supplied by the 4DTV? Thanks in advance.

If I want to run the Ku feed straight to the FTA and slave the C Band feed what would be your recommendation?

Thanks

I use a small run of RG6 coax, the only down side being the slave is stuck on the same polarity as the master.........

You need High Frequency splitters and they need to have only one DC pass port, unless you keep all sat locations disabled in the Viewsat (which you need to do anyway). The link PSB gives in post#2 is probably the best way to do this. The diseqc switch won't work on the 4dtv, you'll need to use it with the Viewsat. Just follow the diagram in the link in post#2 and you should be OK. If you do what you suggest above in post#3, you will miss out on a lot of ku-band analog signals and I wouldn't recommend it. I would follow the link in post#2 and do it that way.

Al

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts