Need Help Streaming on PS3

cjwct

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 2, 2006
Glastonbury, CT
First, sorry if this is not where this question belongs:

I m trying to stream my movies onto my PS3, and the videos just stutter. I am attempting to stream using a 1TB external WD HD hooked up to my laptop with PS3Media Server and VLC Video Player installed. The PS3 has no problem recognizing the files, but again the movies just stutter. A quick Google search said to disable subtitles which I did to no avail.

Any other suggestions?

Try transferring the file from the external hard drive to the computers internal hard drive. Maybe the transfer between the EHDD and the computer is the issue. If not. Is the computer powerful enough to do the job?

Try transferring the file from the external hard drive to the computers internal hard drive. Maybe the transfer between the EHDD and the computer is the issue. If not. Is the computer powerful enough to do the job?

Thanks for the reply; thinking its the PC too. I am going to upgrade my PC. To stream 1080, this setup should suffice; correct?

Operating system Windows 8 64
Processor 3rd Generation Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3770S quad-core processor [3.1GHz, 8MB Shared Cache]
Graphics card Integrated graphics - Intel(R) HD
Memory 8GB DDR3 SODIMM Memory [2 DIMMs]
Hard drive 2TB 7200 rpm SATA hard drive

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts