Need help to connect 61.5 & 110/119 dishes to 6000 rcvr.

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Stingray

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 28, 2003
I have a 500 dish with a DUAL LNB (4 wires) feeding thru 2 SW21 switches to a PVR 501 and a PVR 508. I also have a 300 dish (for 61.5)with a twin LNB (2 wires) feeding directly to my 6000. Only one output of the twin is in use.

I would like to feed the 6000 from the 500 dish as well as the 300 in order to get all programming (and a more complete program guide) on the HD output of the 6000.

I believe this can be done with the replacement of the 21 switches with a switch that has three inputs? :?:

Please tell me what I need to do!

Thanks, Stingray

You can do it one of 2 ways

upgrade the 2 dual LNB's on the Dish500 to a Twin. Then you can use your existing sw21's and add the 61.5 dish OR
you can get a sw64..that has inputs for 3 satellites (110, 119, 61.5) and has 4 outputs.

Iceberg,

What is the difference between the 64 switch you mentioned and the 34 switch? Dish is coming out Thursday and they put in the comments to bring out 1 34 switch and 2 dp adaptors.

Just curious

BTW, I won't be paying a cent, as they will install a Dish300 for must carry locals, and will need a switch to combine the dishes.

Thanks,
Mike

Iceberg said:
You can do it one of 2 ways

upgrade the 2 dual LNB's on the Dish500 to a Twin. Then you can use your existing sw21's and add the 61.5 dish OR
you can get a sw64..that has inputs for 3 satellites (110, 119, 61.5) and has 4 outputs.

Thanks Iceberg - please take one more step! How would I connect the SW21 switches to feed the three receivers? Stingray

ALSO -Do I have to replace the two twin LNB's with a dual on the dish500? Why wont they work with the SW64 switch??? Stingray

Oh Damn! - I meant "do I have to replace the Dual LNB on the 500 dish with Twins! It's kinda confusing! Appreciate some assistance with this.
Stingray

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts