Need Help to Connect my DSB-5701 to Cable Box/DVR

Status
Please reply by conversation.

satellite_rcv

Original poster
Jun 9, 2012
california
I just bought a DSB-5701 receiver. Now I noticed that it does have a RF INPUT. I need to connect it to my cable box and DVR. Since there is no RF INPUT, is there a way to connect both my cable and DVR to it (if yes, please tell me the connection detail) ? I appreciate your help and speedy response!

i've noticed a growing trend of boxes getting away from adding a RF input . is there a reason you need to go from the cable box & dvr to the omegasat box ? most of the newer tv's allow multiply input form sources. if your dealing with an older tv and trying to combine signals them maybe you could reverse the setup. output from the omegasat to the cablebox or dvr

if not you might consider a multi select switch that you connect all your componutes to and output to tv

Last edited:
The way that my DVR connection worked with my My OLD receiver:

1 - Connected cable antenna to RF IN of DVR

2 - Then connected RF OUT of DVR to RF IN of OLD Receiver

But now the problem is that the New Receiver (DSB-5701) does not have RF IN. So now I don't know how to setup the connection.

does the dvr have several input places so you could connect cable & New Receiver (DSB-5701) into it and output to tv ?

without knowing exactly what you have ( each piece of equipment exact model # ) or having pictures its hard to say

All the connections for the new DVR (DSB-5701) are in here: Slide1.JPG

Perhaps you could set dvr to ch3 and then set the new sat STB to ch4 and then combine them with a splitter.

What dvr do you have?

Omegasat DSB-5701 Has No "RF IN"...how can I connect my Pioneer DVR-531H-S to it?

I have an Omegasat DSB-5701 receiver. It does NOT have a RF INPUT. I need to connect DVR "vhf/uhf out" to receiver "RF in" (but it does NOT have it).

I connected from cable box "out" to DVR "vhf/uhf in". But now I need to connect from DVR "vhf/uhf out" to receiver "RF in".

Is there a way to do it?

PS...Receiver model is Pioneer DVR-531H-S

Thanks

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)