NEED HELP TO GET PRESS TV CHANNEL .... (FROM GALAXY 19?)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

aromar

Original poster
Sep 5, 2012
Canada
Hello folks ..... I am a new member to the FTA community .... and so far I have been successful in scanning and viewing all the satellites and channels I amm interested in ..... with the exception of the Press TV channel. I understood that it can be obtained from Galaxy 19, channel 507. However, I have not been successful .... can anybody help? Would be greatly appreciate.

I have a nano premium SE and I believe my settings are correct by virtue of getting all the channels I want from the satellites that they are on .... with the exception of PRESS TV that I understand should be on Galaxy 19 channel 507. Perhaps I need to input special information such as TP and LNB frequencies. For all my scanning I have been using the defaults. Am I doing something wrong?

Well PRESS TV IDs itself as a scrambled channel, even though it's in the clear. You may have to configure your receiver to show $ channels.
12053, V, 22000
Welcome to the Forum :)

Be sure that transponder Frequency - 12053 / Polarity - Vertical / Symbol Rate - 22000 is coming in on your receiver. Press TV is unlikely to scan in on channel 507 as FTA receivers each assign a unique channel number to each channel that it finds in the order it is scanned.

Press TV is unlikely to scan in on channel 507 as FTA receivers each assign a unique channel number to each channel that it finds in the order it is scanned.
One of the nice features in MyTheatre is that it does show as Channel 507. I didn't know that about STBs though.

A big thank you to all who replied .... greatly appreciated .... However, no success ..... have 12053, V, 22000, and I am getting ALL the $ channels! I am wondering if anybody has that channel, Press TV, and if so, how did they get it? Greatly appreciate your time folks and am glad to be a member.

On at least one of my STBs, I have had Press TV fail to scan in. I don't know why, but they just don't seem to like it. I actually had to manually change the PIDs on another channel that scanned in on that transponder in order to get Press TV to show up. My records indicate the VPID is 1301 and APID is 1311, but someone else should confirm that, as I'm not looking at Galaxy 19 right now to check.

- Trip

I have press tv on my setup get them all the time on my soincveiw receivers on Galaxy 19.

Dan Rose

aromar try hitting the INFO button on that channel, and see if it really did store the PID #s for the channel, like tripinva says. You might have to do it the hard way-creating the channel manually & scanning it in. Don't know procedure on your receiver but I'm sure it can be done. Look at manual scan, see if the options are there for creating single channels.

Playing fine downhere
88%- 72% using a 30" dish and a lineal KU LNB on Gal 19 97W
12053 V 22000 3/4
V 1301 A1311 P 1301

I get the SID as 507, and the rest sale as above. Best signal is on 12052 on my micro-LNBF combo others can be different. I am getting 75%Q on a 33" dish, no breakups and a decent margin for poor weather etc.
C.

Never have really watched presstv until now...coming in good here on the micro.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using SatelliteGuys

Please ..... tell me how did you get it??? Satellite? other parameters? please advise. Thank you.

G19 - 12053 V 22000
Here's what I would do/try.
Maybe the Quality reading on that TP is low? I'd compare it to others on the satellite first.
Then: Remove the TP from the receiver programming and reboot the receiver. Enter TP and do a TP scan. If that scans in PressTV, Done. IF not, but it scans in all the other channels on that TP, Edit the PID's of a channel it does scan in to the PIDs of PressTV Vid-1301, Aud-1311, PCR-1301 -
Or add the channel manually to the transponder.
If that doesn't work out, can you see Hispasat at 30°W? It's there also. 12172 V 27500 (Same PIDs)
And if that's not an option, consider another receiver? Sorry, but that's all I can think of.
"How did I get it?" My S9 got it on a blind scan.

Thank you very much ..... finally got it!!! Adjusting the PID's did it!! had to input manually the V,A, and P PID's and that did the job. First time I ever had to do that. Learnt something new.

I also thank all who took the time to reply .... Great Forum and Great group of people.

Receivers have their quirks, I find something weird about every one I have ever used. Now you have figured out yours!

Status
Please reply by conversation.