OTHER Need Help Updating Maxpeak Sam Meter

Carlsbad Audio

Original poster
Sep 4, 2012
San Diego
Hope this is the correct spot to post. Thanks for any help in advance.

I'm a seasoned but semi retired cband, fta, all sat tech just looking for some assistance.

I picked up a Swedish Maxpeak Sam- lite 2 meter. To update the meter online you have to be registered to the product. The same as Urc (remotes) and others.

I registered with Maxpeak but the meters serial # shows as registered to the (unknown) previous owner. My email attempts to Maxpeak in Sweden have not been returned.

Have any of you been through this process to update a Maxpeak meter?

Once again, any help besides tossing it in the trash is much appreciated. Thank you!

Hope this is the correct spot to post. Thanks for any help in advance.

I'm a seasoned but semi retired cband, fta, all sat tech just looking for some assistance.

I picked up a Swedish Maxpeak Sam- lite 2 meter. To update the meter online you have to be registered to the product. The same as Urc (remotes) and others.

I registered with Maxpeak but the meters serial # shows as registered to the (unknown) previous owner. My email attempts to Maxpeak in Sweden have not been returned.

Have any of you been through this process to update a Maxpeak meter?

Once again, any help besides tossing it in the trash is much appreciated. Thank you!
I don't know anything about that meter but the programming aspect sounds simillar to the Birdog meters in that you must download a sat list from online. As you likely know Birdog will allow anyone to download a sat list without requiring registration or linking of a product to a specific individual. Sorry to say but unless you can get the company to answer and change the registration to you I don't see a way to update the meter. Perhaps one of our members who has been in the satellite business for a long time such a Titanium can offer some advice. Best of luck in getting it updated.

I don't know anything about that meter but the programming aspect sounds simillar to the Birdog meters in that you must download a sat list from online. As you likely know Birdog will allow anyone to download a sat list without requiring registration or linking of a product to a specific individual. Sorry to say but unless you can get the company to answer and change the registration to you I don't see a way to update the meter. Perhaps one of our members who has been in the satellite business for a long time such a Titanium can offer some advice. Best of luck in getting it updated.
Yeah I was hoping it was freeware like birdog. Hoping my message is passed to an english public relations person within Maxpeak, Sweden. Nice meter! Would like to try it fta +. If anyone else out there can assist, please comment. Thanks

Reactions: Titanium and FTA4PA

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)