Need help w 97&101

Status
Please reply by conversation.

tylerlee

Original poster
Mar 9, 2007
Dear helper

People are saying if i used star.choice 75e lnb. i can get the two birds (97&101) VTV4 AND PTV ; which i am desperately trying to get it up and running. so i went on ebay and get it...but have problems getting singal..i can get the I-5 and the Amc4(101w) not there with the 75e lnb. butr when i just trying to got amc4(101w) CAN NOT DO IT. please tell me what i am doing wrong. Cause i read your form on the 97w&101w setup with one lnbf(starchoice.75e ) .

Please help me with my setup using these intraments:

STB: star.choice cs5k or cs6k

zip. Philly PA 19111

Latitude = 40.0520,
Longitude = -75.1161
Dish elevation= 38.5,
Azimuth= 223.3 (magnetic compass),
Polarisation= 23.9

33" fortec star digital dish
75e star.choice. Quad Dual Satellite Quad Output Switchable Ku LNBF

lnb type------Universial-----------?
lnb freg.------10750----------?
22kh--------------------?
tp-----------------------?
SatA lnb------------------?
Sat B lnb-----------------?

Please tell me the setting for these spects:

Right now i am using singal universal ku Lnb Came with the FortecStar dish and is at 97w with very bad signal(cs6k showing at 63% and the pictures are little choppy and night time i lose the signal)

i o u... Helper New to FTA. thanks

Set your receiver to:

AMC4
LNB type: Standard
LO freq. 10.750
22KHz - OFF
LNB Power - ON
TP - 11822 (to find the satellite)

IA5
LNB type: Standard
LO freq. 10.750
22KHz - ON
LNB Power - ON
TP - 12177 (to find the satellite)

See aiming information below from GeoSatFinder.com for the Glorystar Christian Satellite System

Attachments

• Glorystar_Aiming_Philly.pdf
    164.9 KB · Views: 247
thanks for responding my set up

thanks helper

My STB does not have the Standard LNB type option for Standard. stb has universial, Singel, ocs lnb( dual 1 and lnb 2) AND quad lnb options

What about SatA lnb and SatB lnb. what connection do i use??? and also, what Satellite should be my center ONE.(amc4 or I-5)..

thanks again.

single is the same as standard

All you need is one connection from the LNB.

Use Sat B for 101 & Sat A for 97

Ya...

Can you please tell me a little about lnbf rotation, since my lnbl rotation is 25.7..?? what i need to do? and for the hold Dish, What positions should i be at. As for turning the LNB( left or right) Standing in Front of the Dish...?. when i tryng to get both 97W and 101W with these starchoice 75e.

thanks again Brian Gohl

Mr. Iceberg??? help on starchoice 753

Dear Mr. iceberg

please tell me what satillite show i point at when i am using these starchoices 75e. in ORDER to received both birds(97&101) at one shot.

Also, How can i increase my signal? or is there some switch buster i can purchased? right now one percific channel on both(97 vtv4 & 101 vptv).

thanks very much

Can you please tell me a little about lnbf rotation, since my lnbl rotation is 25.7..?? what i need to do? and for the hold Dish, What positions should i be at. As for turning the LNB( left or right) Standing in Front of the Dish...?. when i tryng to get both 97W and 101W with these starchoice 75e.
If you are behind the dish, turn it to the right 26 degrees from 90. Should be set to 116 skew

Sat B will be higher in the sky when done.

please tell me what satillite show i point at when i am using these starchoices 75e. in ORDER to received both birds(97&101) at one shot.
AMC4 is 101
IA5 (Telstar 5) is 97

SatAv posted the info above

Thanks Mr. Iceberg. littler confuse now..????

Mr. Iceberg

lol..."No Pain no Trian".. confuse but not given it up....

Please tell me again , what percificly i need to do>>>in order to receiver two birds > using these these config:

Dish 33" star.tec

Lnbf starchoice 75e lnbf.

long and lat 40 and 75w
elev. 38

stb setting:

amc4
Lnb type standard / single
lo freg. 10750
22khz - off
lnb power no
tp 11822

IA5

lnb type standard/single same
log freg. 10750
22khz on
lnb power on
tp 12177

As for as Dish pointing go's:

the Star.choice 75e lnb ,it is connect to the Stick and i can received signal from Satillit 97E (IA5). However, NO SIGNAL FOR (101w-Amc4).

Do i need to turned the 75e lnb or skew , since it is the connected the the dish stick. and how can u turn/skew the 75e starchoice with the 2head designs.?

and which satillite should i lock on(97 or 101) in order the received both signals.

Ps... of all my day goes by..... i can NOT get 101w amc4 lock on.. no signal at all.... is it out there .. where i lived?..

thanks a million mr. Iceberg

If you are behind the dish, turn it to the right 26 degrees from 90. Should be set to 116 skew

Sat B will be higher in the sky when done.

AMC4 is 101
IA5 (Telstar 5) is 97

SatAv posted the info above

stb setting:

amc4
Lnb type standard / single
lo freg. 10750
22khz - off
lnb power no
tp 11822

IA5

lnb type standard/single same
log freg. 10750
22khz on
lnb power on
tp 12177
the 22k setup is bass ackwards. IA5 should have the 22k OFF and AMC4 shuld have it ON
As for as Dish pointing go's:

the Star.choice 75e lnb ,it is connect to the Stick and i can received signal from Satillit 97E (IA5). However, NO SIGNAL FOR (101w-Amc4).

Do i need to turned the 75e lnb or skew , since it is the connected the the dish stick. and how can u turn/skew the 75e starchoice with the 2head designs.?
you need to skew the dish. On the back there are 4 bolts that can be loosened so the dish can be turned. See this link
http://www.kusat.com/go.php?path=/install/sc-75cm.php

and which satillite should i lock on(97 or 101) in order the received both signals.
I would aim for 101 first to get to the general area then use 97 to finish up.

Ps... of all my day goes by..... i can NOT get 101w amc4 lock on.. no signal at all.... is it out there .. where i lived?..
its there. See above. You have the 22k turned on to the wrong satellite so right now you're using sat b to aim at 97.

I don''t have the 75e dish just the 75e Lnbf

Wow.. thanks..

i don't have the Dish ..starchoice dish.... just the lnb of starchoice 75e and i am using the StarTec 33" dish....

wow.. now i do i skew the Lnb? now.....:::

thanks... let stop by home depot.. to look for something to turned the lnb... thanks

ps.. get back later Mr. Iceberge..

many thanks

Wow.. thanks..

i don't have the Dish ..starchoice dish.... just the lnb of starchoice 75e and i am using the StarTec 33" dish....
oh

wow.. now i do i skew the Lnb? now.....:::
I dont think that LNB will work on the 33" dish. that LNB is specially designed for the StarChoice 75e dish to get 2 satellites 3.8 degrees apart. The way the SC dish is (oblong) its desgined to work with that. I tried to put that same LNB on a different dish and I could get very low signals on one satellite but nothing on the other.

75E lnb with 36" Fortec star Dish

wow... i don't no what to do now.

i get signal on the 97W with this 75e lnb.. .. not the 101... but not the other way round. i don't no y but 101w do NOT have signal.. what about if i tries to skew it.. 101

What about a 36" star tec with this 75e lnb????

again many thanks

911 on AMC4 setup...please

Dear helper..

i have a hard time locating AMC4 101W. CAN SOME ONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT I AM DONG WRONG FOR NOT GETTING THE SIGNAL..??

THESE ARE MY SETUP:

33" FORTEC DISH WITH SINGLE KU UNIVERSIAL LNB.

STB; CS 5K

LNB TYPE SINGLE /UNIVERSIAL
LNB POWER ON
22KZ ON

TP 12822
LAT. AND LONG ARE 40 AND 75 DEGREE
ZIP.. 1911 PHILADPHIA
ELEVATION 36 OR SO

PLEASE TELL ME HOW TO SETUP MY RECEIVER(STB CS 5K) TO PICK UP TH SIGNAL WHEN I AM LOOKING FOR THE AMC4 101W SATELLITE.

MANY THANKS

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)