Need help with 129 TP 30

rapbanker

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Feb 3, 2006
For over 3 months, I have not been able to view any channels (FoodHD, HGHD, etc) that are on Sat 129, TP30. If I select the channel, I receive an error saying it could not be aquired. If I go to point dish and select that TP, I get an immediate response that says "spoofed sat" followed by a reading of around 100. All other channels on work as expected. I know some TP's on 129 are weak, but I have a good signal, and they went out and have never come back. Any suggestions?

Power down the receiver - using the electrical plug; and power down the DPP-44 power inserter if using a DPP-44.

Wait a couple of minutes, power everything back up; do a check switch; and then a update for the programming.

If that doesn't help, call tech support.

Maybe Dish accidently removed your service.

It's a VIP 622 with a dpp34 switch. I'm going to replace the switch today and see it that corrects the problem.

According to the engineer I talked to a while back about my problems with my 622, it is a glitch in the software. Run Check Switch again, and then reboot the receiver. I had that happen too.

I know this is being anal retentive, but hey, aren't we all?

I am putting the typical masking tape labels (with smart descriptions vs. just a number) on all my wires/cables in my home distribution junction box (data/phone/cable). Anyway, I have a DP34 switch with three inputs (obviously) from the 3 LNBs (110, 119, 129). How can I tell which sat is going into the DP34 (1, 2, or 3)? Does the order listed diagnostics/check switch screen (ViP 622) mean that is the input# on the switch? For example, if the screen has 129-119-110, does that mean 129 is coming thru#1 on the DP34, 119 is #2, and 110 is #3?

"For example, if the screen has 129-119-110, does that mean 129 is coming thru#1 on the DP34, 119 is #2, and 110 is #3?"

Correct. You can just look at the check switch results and that will tell you what's on each input. BTW, I do the same thing. Everthing is labeled at the switches.:)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)