Dropout problems

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

FunkyBoss

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Mar 23, 2004
Chicagoland, IL
I currently have 2 622's connected to 2 dishes... A Dish1000 and a Dish500 pointed at 61.5. I think they used a DP44 switch or whatever. 2 lines come into the house and a single line runs to each 622 where they get split back out.

I've noticed over the last week or so that I have been getting a lot of dropouts and breakups on certain channels such as NFL Network HD, Starz HD, and the Voom HD channels on both of the 622s. On each of the channels I tried the 'menu-6-1-1' option and it appears these channels are all using the 61.5 satellite and the signal strength is fluctuating between 94 and 60 and all sorts in-between. I remember after these dishes were initially setup, I would get close to 100 consistently on 61.5.

Looking at the signal strength for the other satellites now, I see it hover in the 70's for sats. 110, 119 and 129. I believe I used to be in the 80s for these before.

Any ideas on what is going on here? Could the storms this summer have mis-aligned the dishes? Can that switch be going bad? Is there something I can do to troubleshoot without climbing up to my 2 story roof? If I call E* to send a tech out to check on something like this, will I be charged? Unfortunately my DHPP free for 18 months just ran out!

I would say that the 61.5 dish needs re-aligned, however it could be that the lnb is going out also. Don't for get to check for tree growth also, but I doubt it in this situation.

Sounds like you may have either tree limb or other obstruction of 61.5 or maybe the lnb is getting flakey.

I once heard of someone who had a wasp nest in the lnb that did something similar.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)