Dropout problems

FunkyBoss

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Mar 23, 2004
Chicagoland, IL
I currently have 2 622's connected to 2 dishes... A Dish1000 and a Dish500 pointed at 61.5. I think they used a DP44 switch or whatever. 2 lines come into the house and a single line runs to each 622 where they get split back out.

I've noticed over the last week or so that I have been getting a lot of dropouts and breakups on certain channels such as NFL Network HD, Starz HD, and the Voom HD channels on both of the 622s. On each of the channels I tried the 'menu-6-1-1' option and it appears these channels are all using the 61.5 satellite and the signal strength is fluctuating between 94 and 60 and all sorts in-between. I remember after these dishes were initially setup, I would get close to 100 consistently on 61.5.

Looking at the signal strength for the other satellites now, I see it hover in the 70's for sats. 110, 119 and 129. I believe I used to be in the 80s for these before.

Any ideas on what is going on here? Could the storms this summer have mis-aligned the dishes? Can that switch be going bad? Is there something I can do to troubleshoot without climbing up to my 2 story roof? If I call E* to send a tech out to check on something like this, will I be charged? Unfortunately my DHPP free for 18 months just ran out!

I would say that the 61.5 dish needs re-aligned, however it could be that the lnb is going out also. Don't for get to check for tree growth also, but I doubt it in this situation.

Sounds like you may have either tree limb or other obstruction of 61.5 or maybe the lnb is getting flakey.

I once heard of someone who had a wasp nest in the lnb that did something similar.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)