Need help with a FORTEC 6 Foot Dish

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

jnoda1

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
May 24, 2010
miami
looks good can you tell me if you still own that dish, I just bought one, and if you do, please tell me what is the distance on the declination bar. I live in miami and seem to be having trouble with that, thanks

declination. Measured as an angle. (Not a length)
Hope the attached helps

Attachments

• polar_mount_pic.jpg
    polar_mount_pic.jpg
    152.6 KB · Views: 164
Hello great pics I just bought the same dish, having problems getting amc9 83W, any chance you could give me a hand.

www.dishpointer.com Gotta know your exact location.
set the angles, shown in the picture, on the satellite closest to your longitude.. Or,better yet, in the middle of it's movement. then use the actuator to move slightly E or W and spin it all to find:
83w 3804 V 4167 (slightly west of your location) or 78w 3885 V 23000 (slightly east).
Instead of typing it all again, try my page at: http://theho.web.fc2.com/BUD/9525/ to answer most questions. If something doesn't make sense, ask.

We would love to give you a hand, I can tell you from experience that the PA network on 83W is hard to pull in on a 6footer if that is what you are asking.

I have done it however....what are you looking for on 83W? :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts