Need help with c band set for AMC 4

Status
Please reply by conversation.

intrepid

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 27, 2005
Western NC
I am trying to lock on to AMC 4 on my c band 7.5 ft dish. Haven't used it in about 10 years and can't rely on settings on polar mount because they have been changed. I bought the new ku/c band BSC 621-2 lnbf, mounted it and I want to just lock on to this one sat at AMC4 101 degrees only for c Band at this time using my Fortec Ultra receiver and keep it in a fixed position. I have a 85 cm motorized dish on my roof with which I now receive ku bands. I think I need to reset the declination angles and elevation. I believe this dish is an Orbitron polar mount. Where do you measure for elevation and declination on the mount? My latitude is 36 and longitude is 81 Any help would be appreciated.

If you're going to use this dish in a fixed position, you don't need to worry about the declination. That's only needed to track satellites in the orbital arc. Just find the elevation and azimuth and point the dish in that direction. The elevation can be checked by placing an angle finder on a straight, flat surface directly on the back of the dish or using a straightedge across the front of the dish. Have fun.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)