Need Help with captiveworks 600s premium

Status
Please reply by conversation.

ftakemp

Original poster
Jun 16, 2006
I just bought the captiveworks 600s premium from gosatellite.com.

Got frustrated with setting up the dish so I hired a pro to set it up and received signal pointing to satellite 110.

Here's my dilemma:

1. When the motor moves to other satellite, it doesn't get any quality signal

2. Do I need to do anything special to the captiveworks receiver? Even with the quality strength at 60-70% I'm not getting any channnel.

Thanks for your help

To summarize:

Bought the CW600S Premium Package

Intalled the dish to point to sat 110 with quality signal strength of 70. Does not receive any strength when rotor moves to other satellites.

The receiver scans but do not display any channels.

Maybe I'm just missing something

Appreciate any help. Thanks

need a little more info
-what is the equipment (dish size, LNB type, etc)
-what settings you currently have the motor set at and the reciever settings

Littleton, Colorado

CaptiveWorks CW-600S, 90cm (35 inch) Dish, STAB HH-90 Rotor, Invacom QPH-031 Quad LNBF

I believe the settings for the dish is accurate as I hired a pro to install. It is currently receiving signal. I also believe it is the receiver that needs to be configured correctly but I don't know what the correct configuration is.

Thanks

A pro would have showed you a picture on all satellites before leaving!

I sold a system recently to a nice lady who hired a PRO, charged her $600 for the install, she has still never actually seen any Satellite TV pictures yet!

She sent the system back OF COURSE the system is PERFECT!

Yes, I realize that. But he was not familiar with the receiver and since there was no picture after two hours of work, I paid him $50 for his time.

He had it set up to where there is signal strength but did not know what to do to the receiver to get picture.

Is there anything I can do at this point?

well you luck out. You have a true south satellite, which is 105.

So here is what I would do. Littleton is at 40N 105W so make sure the motor is at 40 on the latitude side (this is critical...otherwise it won't work). There is an elevation side and latitude. has to be latitude.

Dish elevation is at 38 degrees..make sure that is correct

The LNB LO frequency should be 10750 in the receiver menu. Select AMC15 (105W) and scroll down to the following transponder

11840 freq
V polarity
26000 symbol rate

That is an active one. Move the dish/motor assembly a little off dead south and the quality meter should move. Make sure to move s l o w l y (1/8” or less at a time) and wait 5 seconds to see if the quality meter moves. Signal strength doesn’t mean anything. Its quality you need.

If you do not get anywhere.........

Maybe remove the motor for now and try to find and store the satellite BEFORE adding the motor to the senerio!

Thats the way MOST of us here started :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)