need help with HD

Status
Please reply by conversation.

terry63

Original poster
Aug 18, 2012
IL
I have R-22 HD which is hooked up to an SWM-8 swith which is hooked to 5 LNB slime line . The issue is no HD channel single very low 60 on 101 the rest are low to . move to new house in same town . I'm very new at this I need help thanks:)

You need to check on what receiver and dish etc you have. Do you actually have an SWM8 multiswitch connected to the dish via four cables? Or is it an SWS8 splitter? Are you trying to install and align a new dish?

sorry splitter its a old dish we to a new house .yes i'm align it and not doing a very good job cannt get the single over 60 on any satellites

As someone who had 2 R22's i assure you Directv cannot add HD to just a R22 account. When I upgraded to HD they had to put a H23 on the account so the R22's could get HD

If you would like help me get my single back fine if not will move on I NOW WHAT I HAVE AND WHAT WAS WORKING THANKS

I'm with iceberg. Unless you have either an HR22 OR another HD receiver on your account an R22 is a standard DVR. The 101 isn't HD either, strictly SD programming

If you would like help me get my single back fine if not will move on I NOW WHAT I HAVE AND WHAT WAS WORKING THANKS

I don't maybe you're confused on the model # or something. If you only have one receiver why are you using a SWM8? If the LNB has 4 outputs you can't use a SWM8 splitter. You would need 2 lines from the LNB to the receiver and if its truly a HD receiver (HR22, HR21 etc) then you would need the BBC connectors to get HD.

What did you have at the "other" house setup wise?
The only way you might be getting HD on the R22 is if you took the R22 from another account that already had HD on it. If so that is account splitting and not tolerated here (by the way here is a post from a guy who worked at DIrectv abouty the R22)
stonecold said:
To everyone who has R22 in regards to HD and MRV: Directv TV systems Sibel's Rio and it underlying framework sees the R22 as an SD DVR Only. This is a unit that never left limited production as DTV realized what a pain it was going to be to deal with. So on an account with JUST R22s you can not add MRV or HD even though the R22 hardware and software support HD and MRV. This is not an issue of equipment but on limitations of directv own internal software systems
http://www.satelliteguys.us/threads/271943-HR34?p=2708239&highlight=R22#post2708239

Look hoss I'm trying to help you but until we get the right info all we can do is speculate

Easy there guy, these are people that help others every day, your new, if you need help fine.
Sounds like your Signal Strength is very low.

If your just moving in, why not call D* and use the "Movers Connection", thats pretty much what it's designed for.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)