Need help with HR21 DVR enternet

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Slick

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 9, 2004
I am no computer wiz so hang in there with me, I at first wanted or needed to get a internet connection down to my tv because of the firmware updates for the new generation dvd players.. Well when I found out that my HR21 HD dvr had a in and out for the internet and a help full member from here said I could go from the DVR over to my HD dvd player cool only need one cat 5 line that way..

Ok I am revamping my questin here can I spit a high speed internet connection useing a Hub and not a router?

Last edited:
I changed my question maybe some one can help.. Cya Slick

Ok guys I have everything up and running and working well thru the internet, now my question is is there much of a chance for hackers to try and hack my dvd player or Direct tv? I know routers provide some protection but is there anything else I can do to deter them? Or dont I have to worry.. Cya Slick

I really don't think they will try to hack your D*, it's not that easy , not like they can hack into your router and watch free TV that you pay for.... it doesn't work that way.

Hack a DVD player ?
What purpose would that serve ?
They would have to sit and wait for you to play a DVD and hope it was something they like ;)

Jimbo

I really don't think they will try to hack your D*, it's not that easy , not like they can hack into your router and watch free TV that you pay for.... it doesn't work that way.

Hack a DVD player ?
What purpose would that serve ?
They would have to sit and wait for you to play a DVD and hope it was something they like ;)

Jimbo

I did not know and it may have been a stupid question but I just thought I would ask and see what I was told, thanks everyone for your help.. Cya Slick

I did not know and it may have been a stupid question but I just thought I would ask and see what I was told, thanks everyone for your help.. Cya Slick

NP,
There are no stupid questions, it's better to ask than NOT and possibly suffer the consequenses :)

Jimbo

I believe that the HR21 supports networking for Media Share (music & pictures). The other features (media share video, DOD) aren't supported in the National Release software yet (they are in the 0x1E1 CE software). I run the CE version and haven't kept up with the NR, but believe that is the current situation.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts