Need help with HR21 DVR enternet

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Slick

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 9, 2004
I am no computer wiz so hang in there with me, I at first wanted or needed to get a internet connection down to my tv because of the firmware updates for the new generation dvd players.. Well when I found out that my HR21 HD dvr had a in and out for the internet and a help full member from here said I could go from the DVR over to my HD dvd player cool only need one cat 5 line that way..

Ok I am revamping my questin here can I spit a high speed internet connection useing a Hub and not a router?

Last edited:
I changed my question maybe some one can help.. Cya Slick

Ok guys I have everything up and running and working well thru the internet, now my question is is there much of a chance for hackers to try and hack my dvd player or Direct tv? I know routers provide some protection but is there anything else I can do to deter them? Or dont I have to worry.. Cya Slick

I really don't think they will try to hack your D*, it's not that easy , not like they can hack into your router and watch free TV that you pay for.... it doesn't work that way.

Hack a DVD player ?
What purpose would that serve ?
They would have to sit and wait for you to play a DVD and hope it was something they like ;)

Jimbo

I really don't think they will try to hack your D*, it's not that easy , not like they can hack into your router and watch free TV that you pay for.... it doesn't work that way.

Hack a DVD player ?
What purpose would that serve ?
They would have to sit and wait for you to play a DVD and hope it was something they like ;)

Jimbo

I did not know and it may have been a stupid question but I just thought I would ask and see what I was told, thanks everyone for your help.. Cya Slick

I did not know and it may have been a stupid question but I just thought I would ask and see what I was told, thanks everyone for your help.. Cya Slick

NP,
There are no stupid questions, it's better to ask than NOT and possibly suffer the consequenses :)

Jimbo

I believe that the HR21 supports networking for Media Share (music & pictures). The other features (media share video, DOD) aren't supported in the National Release software yet (they are in the 0x1E1 CE software). I run the CE version and haven't kept up with the NR, but believe that is the current situation.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)