Need help with installation

Status
Please reply by conversation.

moha

Original poster
Jul 28, 2008
Just received my package from GOsatellite, tried to install it...I do have a great signal but no (zero) quality. I could not figure out what seems to be the problem.
Any suggestion?
Thanks

I'm no expert, seeing as I just installed my dish this past weekend, but the signal level just means that your receiver is hooked to the lnb. Quality is what you really are looking for. 0 would indicate that your either not aligned with a satellite correctly or perhaps your receiver is not configured properly (or both). If you post your settings from your receiver, I'm sure someone here will let you know where you stand.

Yep. It would be like going to the mechanic and saying "My car doesn't work". Make / Model / Fuel Type etc are all key pieces of information...

All of the experts are here on this site, and they all get a kick out of helping the newbie's getting their FTA sets running! With all of the expertise here, I'm sure that every make and model of fta receiver/dish/lnb has been used by somebody here. All we need is the info to know what we're working with...

sorry,
receiver: SV-360 premier
JSC322 twin KU LNBF
Interested on satelitte
I am located in bangor, maine, zip 04401

when I get confused is during the installation set up:

-LNB type
-LNB frequency
-22 HKZ
-LNB power
-Transponder

Thanks a lot!

Dish Elevation:37.3°
Point Dish to 211.3° using Compass
LNB skew: 10.1° COUNTERCLOCKWISE when looking at the Face of the Dish

when using:
Satellite-Heading-Calculator I got:

Your LocationSatellite DataDish Setup DataLatitude: 44.803°
Longitude: -68.772°
Name: 97.0W Galaxy 25
Distance: 38502km
Elevation:31.3°
Azimuth (true): 217.3°
Azimuth (magn.): 234.3° using Compass
LNB skew: 25.5°

Compass is a MUST?

I did everything suggested above, but still getting zero quality image ??

AMC 5.....whatever I did, I couldn't get any quality (o)...could it be the LNB?
THe signal is good though

This is not easy the first time. If the dish is Off a fraction of an inch, you will not get a Lock.
Double check LNB settings in the Sat Setup Page.
You must have a Live / Active Transponder Freq. selected in the Sat Setup Menu - AMC 5: 12181
Then re-check Dish Elevation.(note: Dish Elevation markings are known to be off a few degrees)
If possible, bring the Receiver and a small TV to the Dish.
Then slowly pan the dish Left / Right, if nothing, Raise / Lower Dish Elevation 1deg and pan again.
If you can, get a decent compass, so you can be pointed in the correct direction.

I do not have the 12181 Feq option
should I pick another satelitte then?

What can I do if the Freq of the desired channel is not listed..like 11789

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)