Need help with low signals on 99(c)...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

diitto

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 10, 2005
Hi... As a follow up to another question I posed recently, I noticed last week that during our first significant rain and wind storm of the year, a number of my HD channels, most notably FNCHD (Fox news HD on ch 360) were either rain fading badly or losing lock all together (put up a "searching for signal, 771" message)... I wrote down and posted all my signal strengths while that was going on... Then the weather cleared and all those channels came back to life... I again, noted all the signal strengths just to see if there were significant differences...

First, can someone confirm that I am correct (or not) that FNCHD, channel 360, comes in on D11@99W, Transponder 13???

Also, what does in mean that I am noticing that my odd transponders on 99(c) are approximately half the readings on my even transponders... For the 14 active transponders, here are my current 99(c) readings..

1-8 28 62 31 61 27 62 26 58
9-16 23 60 23 54 23 60

Is it alignment or do I perhaps have some sort of electronics (LNB??) problem with the odd transponders being half of what the even transponders show???

And what is the meaning of the (c) versus (s) on the 99 and 103 satellites...

I climbed up to the dish the other day and looked just to see if everything seemed tight. It all appeared to be so... And I was able to see that at least the tilt and the elevation appeared to be on the correct degree settings for my area. I know that only gets you a coarse setting but I wanted to see if something had shifted a lot and it appears to have not done so...

This morning, even though it is only cloudy, I am noticing that FNCHD is fading in and out again so now I'm convinced something has changed. Either the dish has moved or I have some sort of a electronics problem...

So again, my main three questions are, 1) am I correct that FNCHD is coming in on D11@99W, Transponder 13?? 2) What is the meaning of the (c) and (s) on the 99 and 103 sats?? 3) And what might be an explanation for why the odd transponders are about half of what the even show on 99(c) for my setup???

Thanks... Any help would be much appreciated...

bob...

Really quick (eating lunch and doing 6 other things, LOL):

Yes...those signals are REALLY REALLY low. Ideally, they should average out to be in the low 90's. Probably due to the dish being out of alignment.

(c) = conus beam
(s) = spot beam

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)