Need help with max DVR events

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

smokey982

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 7, 2005
Cleveland, TN (Chattanooga Market)
I noticed a few weeks ago that the Big Band Theory reruns on TBS was airing the very first episode and running them in order. So I set a timer to record all episodes for TBS. I planned to record them all in order to have complete seasons. Well I noticed the other day that the first 4 episodes were gone from my DVR. I checked the settings and apparently the default for "max events to keep" was set at 20. So, I changed the setting to "all" a few days ago. But for some reason it's still only keeping 20. Now I've lost the first 8 episodes and counting. Why will it not keep them all? I've double checked the settings and its still set to keep "all". Anyone else experienced this issue?

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys

Changing the default probably doesn't affect timers already set. I'm not home now, but if editing the current timer doesn't have a cue to change that number, garys is right that you should set a new timer with the new limit.

I deleted old timer last night and created a new one. Of course I'm a little too late now. Lesson learned. I don't understand why they wouldn't have the default set to unlimited in the first place. I don't think the average joe would realize there was a limit set.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using SatelliteGuys

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)