need help with MRV

armchair

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 8, 2009
socal
I'm getting the "Cannot play DTCP content. AKE failed". The other DVR says "Playback failed. Client's access card is invalid or absent." Just tried CE s/w 0x323 on both DVR's for first time and everything seems to work except MRV. I entered the keyword search options on both receivers and get the merged playback list with sort and delete options but no shared playback from either receiver. I tried to use the "Network Services" feature under setup but it will not "Connect successfully" in auto or manual mode after successfully starting network services. Is the failure to connect to network services my problem? Any suggestions on how to manually setup D-Link wired router? I did some browsing in D-Link help section and it suggested using the "Virtual Server" or "Port Forwarding" features. The D-Link Virtual Server setup is asking for a lot of info: "Public port, Private port, Protocol (UDP, TCP or both).

Diagnostic Report 20090613-2732 for LR
Diagnostic Report 20090613-100B for BR

I have two HR22-100's; any suggestions? Thanks!

Last edited:
I read in other posts that the two HR22-100's could be connected together via the ethernet cable. I'm using a cat6 cable from ether-port 2 of internet connected Hr22-100 to ether-port 1 of 2nd HR22-100. They have independent IP addresses and sem to connect and d/l VOD and both still show dvr lists for local/remote dvr's but no playback as above and "Network Services" still says it starts but "Connection failed" Still see the same error on both DVR's. Did I get a bad DVR or should I re-load CE on both DVR's? Thanks for any help or suggestions.

I read in other posts that the two HR22-100's could be connected together via the ethernet cable. I'm using a cat6 cable from ether-port 2 of internet connected Hr22-100 to ether-port 1 of 2nd HR22-100. They have independent IP addresses and sem to connect and d/l VOD and both still show dvr lists for local/remote dvr's but no playback as above and "Network Services" still says it starts but "Connection failed" Still see the same error on both DVR's. Did I get a bad DVR or should I re-load CE on both DVR's? Thanks for any help or suggestions.

Are you saying thay both DVR's aren't connected to anything else, just each other? If no other connections try connecting both of them to the same ethernet port, I forget which one is which but one of the two ports is for passthrough (the one with the blank connector in it is the passthrough) to someother LAN device and see if that helps.

Thanks for reply rad. L/R DVR is connected to router (top port). L/R b(ottom ethernet port) is connected to B/R DVR and that is the only network connection for that DVR.

Thanks for reply rad. L/R DVR is connected to router (top port). L/R b(ottom ethernet port) is connected to B/R DVR and that is the only network connection for that DVR.

Sorry, missed the part about the AKE key problem. All I could say is to send in an error report on both units and then try rebooting them both, at the same time, to see if it corrects it.

IS there any known problems with setting up "network Services"? That fails too, so I'm not sure if I actually have one or two problems? Should I ignore Network service failure or start there?

IS there any known problems with setting up "network Services"? That fails too so I not sure if I actually have one or two problems? Should I ignore Network service failure or start there?

Ignore network services, AFAIK that's for widgets/applets and not MRV.

Thanks rad; rebooting both DVR's. I read in another post that I should cycle MRV off/on then keyword search IAMANEDGECUTTER again prior to reboot. Reboot and restart are same as I understand it. I'll post back soon with result.

Great it worked!!! I've got it working with two HD streams running simultaneously through the ethernet MRV. Not sure if that effects picture quality or not but it looks close to HD. Thanks for getting me pointed the right direction, rad.

Seems like the dual ports were intended for daisy-chaining the receivers. If so, it's great for saving cables and ports!

Seems like the dual ports were intended for daisy-chaining the receivers. If so, it's great for saving cables and ports!

That's exactly what they were put in for, so if someone had only one connection to where a DVR was going they wouldn't need to do anything else, like get a switch, to allow for the connection.

I read in other posts that the two HR22-100's could be connected together via the ethernet cable. I'm using a cat6 cable from ether-port 2 of internet connected Hr22-100 to ether-port 1 of 2nd HR22-100. They have independent IP addresses and seem to connect and d/l VOD and both still show dvr lists for local/remote dvr's but no playback as above and "Network Services" still says it starts but "Connection failed" Still see the same error on both DVR's. Did I get a bad DVR or should I re-load CE on both DVR's? Thanks for any help or suggestions.

IS there any known problems with setting up "network Services"? That fails too, so I'm not sure if I actually have one or two problems? Should I ignore Network service failure or start there?

Ignore network services, AFAIK that's for widgets/applets and not MRV.

I solved my "Network Services" connection problem; it's in my signature below, Vonage requires their modem to be connected directly to cable/dsl modems and this blocked my setup to Network Services to Directv somehow. I changed my setup to get Vonage VOIP from my D-Link router rather than connecting Vonage modem directly to the only ether port on TWC cable modem then connecting router to AUX/COMPUTER port on the Vonage modem as Vonage requires. I then used the Network Filter tab on D-Link router web page/admin to enable MAC Filtering and added my Vonage MAC address to list of MAC addresses to get my VOIP services going again. I think Vonage wants more access to my network to ensure call quality but even that is not ideal when talking to call centers. (There are other VOIP competitors out there for less and Vonage even offers free two month credit to compare other services w/o canceling account.) Now my Network Services connect with no problem but not sure this adds any new capabilities or optimization. :confused:

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)